PDA

View Full Version : Just switched to the MW 200g!

Matt H.
06-02-2004, 11:28 PM
Wow, i picked one up from a fellow poster on this board to try out further....and after hitting with it for an hour, i'm sold.

It's amazing too, because the strings were really old...but i could still get a nice idea of what the racquet is capable of. Control was ridiculous, and the power and spin wasn't bad at all....and my current racquet is a HPS 5.0! :shock: I've also owned the newer HM 200g, but this beats it hands down. Definitely needs a leather grip though (and counter acting lead tape in the head)....but that's a player preference. It's amazing how these "old school" racquets continually get as good/better remarks then the newest technology stuff.

I can't wait to string it up with a fresh string job, this racquet was made for 17g. 8)

tschevap
06-02-2004, 11:49 PM
I played with the MW 200g a couple of years ago. Great racket!
Now i switched to the HM 200g and have opposite impressions than most readers have of the HM:
the HM is much more stable than the MW and thus more maneuverable. Beside this i do not feel any added stiffness - just differently distributed stiffness!
Sometimes i think, people here on these boards do not rate a frame objectively when there are some predecessors, which are believed to be cult! Dont get fooled! Try the frame and do not listen to such "experts"...

ucd_ace
06-03-2004, 02:03 AM
I played with the MW up until about a month ago. Sigh... two of my three had worn out (broken handle, broken frame) so I decided that it was time for a change. I forced myself to not touch my MW because I knew if I did then there'd be too much doubt in my head for there to be a change. I never found anything that could replace it, including the HM. The MW is worthy of the cult following. I never felt like the HM was a 200g; I never had anywhere near the feel as the MW gave me. I'm going to cry myself to sleep for abandoning my MW.

Matt H.
06-03-2004, 10:59 AM
I played with the MW up until about a month ago. Sigh... two of my three had worn out (broken handle, broken frame) so I decided that it was time for a change. I forced myself to not touch my MW because I knew if I did then there'd be too much doubt in my head for there to be a change. I never found anything that could replace it, including the HM. The MW is worthy of the cult following. I never felt like the HM was a 200g; I never had anywhere near the feel as the MW gave me. I'm going to cry myself to sleep for abandoning my MW.

so then go out and buy some. :wink:

there's still a good amount of them out there, brand new in fact.

kreative
06-03-2004, 05:30 PM
have one in 9/10 condition, 4 5/8 grip for sale if interested. email me.