PDA

View Full Version : Strange Balance of Recently Purchased POG 107

Z-Man
12-29-2005, 06:08 AM
I recently purchased a POG from Tennis Warehouse. The weight is correct, but the balance is 4pts headlight instead of 9pts headlight. That seems like big difference--over half and inch. I don't think I'll ever get another POG to match that balance unless I added lots of weight to the handle--and then the weights would be quite different.

Should I send it back?

Has anyone out there purchased a POG 107 with a 4 1/2 sized grip lately? Was the strung balance the expected 9pts headlight, or was it more evenly balanced like the frame that they sent me? I don't mind if they are all 4pts headlight--I just want to be able to match this to another frame if I decide to get a few. I called TW to see if they'd measure a few frames, but they have not cooperated yet.

Has anyone out there measured the balance of a recently purchased POG? It says "Tour" on the throat.

Thanks!

batcrj
12-29-2005, 07:42 AM
I recently purchased a 4 3/8 and also noticed a difference. I didn't measure the balance but it does seem to swing heavier then previous models. Does not feel 9 points HL. Could you help us out with this TW? Mine also has TOUR on the frame.

Thaychua
12-29-2005, 07:47 AM
The TOUR is the lastest cosmetics... it no longer has the "straight shaft" like the older pogs..

Z-Man
12-29-2005, 07:56 AM
batcrj:
Try balancing it. There are tons of ways to do it. Mine balanced 13in from the handle. 13.5 is the midpoint, so it's a half inch / 4 pts headlight. The balance point on mine was right in the middle of the bottom part of the hoop. Thanks for your input!