PDA

View Full Version : Prince More Control OS

hewitt#1
12-29-2005, 06:15 AM
I've been using this stick for the past two yrs and feel good with it. I recently swicht form live wire xp 17@65 to Luxilion Alu Power @62 and its going great. Does anyone has exp with this frame?? If you have use it, what are you using now? My previous frames were Hornet, Hornet w Tungsten, Hyper Hammer 5.3 Prince Precision-mistake, and the more control.

North
12-29-2005, 07:26 AM
I used to use this racquet and it wasn't bad. In fact, it was a pretty good volley racquet. It wasn't as manueverable at net as I would have liked - perhaps the bit of extra lentgh and the head size - though other people I know who use it don't find that the case at all, so that's probably just me (I've always wondered if my being rather short has anything to do with the whole maneuverabilty issue). It was also good at return of serve, especially at blocking hard serves. Groundies were OK, with fairly good control, but serves were so-so and it got a little wobbly handling really heavy hard-hit balls. If I played primarily doubles and hadn't found a problem with maneuverability, I would probably still be using this racquet.

I switched to ProKennex Kinetic Pro 5G because I wanted something more maneuverable at net that I could serve better with.

hewitt#1
12-30-2005, 05:00 AM
YOu're right about the volleys. THe return-which is hte best part of my game- its great. DOn't know what to tell you about the serve because I had a problem with my flat delivery and since have switched to serving with kick 80% and the results have been good.

hewitt#1
12-30-2005, 05:03 AM
Also, did you noticed the few players that used it on tour were all girls- Lisa Raymond, Martina. Seen anyone else?

North
12-30-2005, 05:14 AM
I believe they used the MP version, as did Ai Sugiyama (?sp). Not sure if Lisa Raymond still uses it and Sugiyama is now using the Harrier which looks a lot like the More Control (maybe just renamed for production in Japan?). I agree, the kick serve is really the best serve with this racquet. Glad you're doing well with it - sounds like it suits your game.

arnz
12-30-2005, 12:03 PM
I believe David Ferrer uses this racquet

http://www.advantage-tennis.com/ferrer/index.php?ind=4

I have this racquet also in oversize. I have synthetic gut at 62 lbs. on it. Crazy topspin groundstroke, slice serves, but I found very little power. Can't hit a really big serve either.

hewitt#1
12-31-2005, 05:03 PM
:-( Ferrer the one with the big head and small body! another lady uses it... Lol just kidding. Thanks