PDA

View Full Version : Is the Babolat Pure Drive a widebody tweener?

AJK1
12-29-2005, 02:13 PM
I've looked at the specs and it seems to me this stick is a tweener. What's so good about it, it seems very popular? Or is the hype bigger than the stick itself?

JediMindTrick
12-29-2005, 04:10 PM
I think the Pure Drive OS is the tweener, the Pure Drive is a light player racquet. But it depends who you ask, because for some people on this forums everything 98 sq in and higher are granny sticks and the ncode 95 is a tweener.

I think the reason why the Pure Drive is so popular is because that racquet is good for everything, I mean it has all the shots. Much like the ncode 95 which is another very popular racquet these days. If you read these forums you are going to hear a lot of people complaining for example that they cannot get enough pop on the first serve and they blame the racquet, because it has a stiff or flexible throat or it has a stiff or flexible or dead upper hoop. Some of these excuses may be right but with a Pure Drive you know it's you, it's not the racquet.

Personally I hated the feel of the Pure Drive so I didn't bought it but I may give it another try later.

DXS
12-29-2005, 04:35 PM
I like to think of it as a buying premature elbow problems. It was for me and many others, but some people have no issues with it.

RiosTheGenius
12-29-2005, 04:36 PM
yes......ten characters

Ezekiel
12-29-2005, 09:10 PM
I like to think of it as a buying premature elbow problems. It was for me and many others, but some people have no issues with it.

yea i dont haf any probs
but it seems many people do.
I string mine @ 55 and it feels awesome.
It has a nice forgiving sound when u hit the ball too :)

McStud
12-29-2005, 09:24 PM
I don't think it is a tweener. I played with it for several years. There is a reason why so many pro's play with it.. it's an awesome racquet! You could even put a little lead tape on that baby and you got a really hot racquet!

hummer23
12-29-2005, 09:26 PM
I play with the pure drive plus, and i dont consider it a tweener. Ive used many indisputable players frames, and the pure drive, strung with poly at 62 lbs, is not more powerful than those frames. Its got very good control, solid feel, and is a great serving stick. I wont try to say that it is anything besides crap for netplay, but it isnt a bad all around stick. So a tweener? i dunno if i'd call it that. Its definantly a frame that appeals to more people than a typical players frame, but it can definantly be a 'players' type stick.

kreative
12-31-2005, 12:02 AM
what difference does it make if it is a tweener? would you not use it just b/c it's "classified" as a tweener, even if it was a racquet that you enjoyed playing with? the line between tweeners and player's racquet is not as clear as it used to be, especially w/ pro players on tour using these so-called tweener frames. it's popular b/c it appeals to a wide audience, from beginner's to pros. good marketing also helped i suppose =P

TheSneakerologist
12-31-2005, 12:25 AM
Yes its a goddamn tweener. Everyone knows that its nowhere near a players racket.