PDA

View Full Version : just went into a tennis shop! WOW

doriancito
12-29-2005, 09:56 PM
hey guys im new into these tennis huge shops, today i bought a brand new digital camera because the other one who is 2 months old wouldnt turn on! well, i was walking and i saw sports autho.rity and this was a must go in! so i went in and i was shocked by how many tennis things they had in there, not even my local tennis shop has that much! i didnt make a big buy but i bought some grips and some protector tape, my dad will tell me if he wants something. So are there any more stores like this at memphis?

fishuuuuu
12-29-2005, 09:59 PM
Dorian!

I'm glad you're enjoying your stay in the US. Just wait until you get into a real tennis store.

doriancito
12-29-2005, 10:42 PM
where can i find some?????????????????

goober
12-29-2005, 11:06 PM
Sports Authority (SA) has an ok selection of tennis stuff. Nothing special really. There are a lot of stores devoted strictly to tennis which are way better.

-Many proshops have a wider selection of racquets than SA and not so many of the game improvement racquet and cheapos you get at SA.

-Wider selection of shoes and clothes and tennis accesories.

-Staff way more in the know about tennis equipment. SA has a bunch of mostly teenagers and young 20s that are completely clueless about tennis and actually clueless about sports equipment in general in many cases.

Dan007
12-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Sports Authority is nothing compared to a real tennis store.

Fee
12-30-2005, 09:08 PM
Try the Racquet Club of Memphis. If it's big enough to hold an ATP/WTA tournament in February then it should have a decent pro shop right?

(tg)
12-31-2005, 10:50 AM
to be honest i've never been to a sports authority.

legolas
12-31-2005, 02:46 PM
lol, sprots authority is nothing to a real tennis store, but i hardly go on one, TW is the SHIZ

devilish_duke
12-31-2005, 11:53 PM
On an impt related note.... don't get your racquets strung at Sports Authority or Dick's Sporting Goods ever. These places commonly employ high school tennis jocks to do their stringing rather than USTA certified stringers.

Skppr05
01-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Yea, a REAL tennis shop carries things and infromation sports w/e wish they had

Skppr05
01-01-2006, 11:16 AM
On an impt related note.... don't get your racquets strung at Sports Authority or Dick's Sporting Goods ever. These places commonly employ high school tennis jocks to do their stringing rather than USTA certified stringers.
yea seriously, I had a thred awhile back bout this and bad string jobs. Think it was titled as "bad string jobs"

Dan007
01-01-2006, 12:25 PM

Yeah, they suck. They got the whole mains and crosses mixed up when they strung my racket. Also they didn't call me right away after they got it strung and left in their storage place for about a month. I call them every week to ask them if they got it strung or not, and they would say it would done by next week or they don't know about it. This went on for about two months. Finally when went to pick it up they had the mains in the crosses and crosses in the mains and I told them to string it at 62lbs the tension was way off, since they didn't call me right away after it was strung. They told me they didn't know even after they got it strung. Dick's Sporting Goods are ****ers!!!!

MegacedU
01-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Find a pro-shop in the yellow pages. They'll usually give you really good deals.

trplthreat
01-01-2006, 01:22 PM
The clubs around these parts are known to do good string jobs for fairly cheap. You don't have to be a member either. If you're thinking about getting your racquet strung, I think a club pro shop is the way to go. ;)

andfor
01-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Send me an e-mail. I'll meet you for a hit.

doriancito
01-01-2006, 08:46 PM
my uncles friend plays tennis hell tell us about some stores and hopefully get me hooked up into tennis but for now im hitting with andfor!