OEPS sorry
try again:
http://www.tenis-servis.cz/web%20volkl%202004/DNX%208%20a%209.htm

jonolau
12-30-2005, 12:53 AM
Ha ha, cute dog ...

El Diablo
12-30-2005, 03:15 AM
Notice how wide the DNX8 head is towards the top, like a PD....all the Volkls with great control taper more radically towards the top, the feature that prevents flyaway shots. Control may be an issue here, at least compared to other Volkls.

ericsson
12-30-2005, 05:53 AM
guys i've got more and some specs, check it out:

for dnx 9: http://www.tenis-servis.cz/web%20volkl%202004/DNX%209.htm

for dnx 8: http://www.tenis-servis.cz/web%20volkl%202004/DNX%208.htm

:p

roddick_rulz
12-30-2005, 06:01 AM
they're looking nice.

Paddy.Y
12-30-2005, 06:03 AM
DNX 8 in standard length seems quite interesting to me, it's gonna be a serious competitor to PD IMO.

DRA44
12-30-2005, 06:06 AM
I can't wait to hit with the DNX V-Engine!!! Nice paintjobs too.

ericsson
12-30-2005, 06:07 AM
gonna be awsome sticks, with a little lead and ur on your way :p

gd!
12-30-2005, 06:08 AM
Notice how wide the DNX8 head is towards the top, like a PD....all the Volkls with great control taper more radically towards the top, the feature that prevents flyaway shots. Control may be an issue here, at least compared to other Volkls.

Both DNX 8's will come in straight 22mm beam, no tapering at all.

El Diablo
12-30-2005, 06:56 AM
gd!
Who said anything about BEAM width -- I was commenting on HEAD width (that is, measured along the cross strings, toward the top).
BB10 might be a better choice...nearly identical specs (in the standard length version) but 65 flex rather than the 68 of the DNX8 (further discounting the notion that narrower beam equals better flex)

jackson vile
12-30-2005, 08:20 AM

This should not be an issue as the DNX at the bottom of the thought will help to stiff so there is no flexing/twisting thus increasing control.

El Diablo
12-30-2005, 09:02 AM
You buying that? The great control racquets we write about here, like the C10, RD and RDXs, Prestiges, POG mid are all highly flexible frames, aren't they? Added stiffness mostly adds power, and more often than not detracts from control. Don't drink the Marketing manager's Kool-Aid!!

LafayetteHitter
12-30-2005, 10:07 AM
Volkl really did a great job with the cosmetics on those. The best looking cosmetics i've seen out of the new racquets recently.

nViATi
12-30-2005, 10:10 AM
You buying that? The great control racquets we write about here, like the C10, RD and RDXs, Prestiges, POG mid are all highly flexible frames, aren't they? Added stiffness mostly adds power, and more often than not detracts from control. Don't drink the Marketing manager's Kool-Aid!!
POG Mid is 66 stiffness. The Prostaff 6.0 85 is also 66 stiffness.
66 Stiffness isn't 'highly flexible'.

Ezekiel
12-30-2005, 01:45 PM
ewwwww they look awful :(

Michelangelo
12-30-2005, 05:24 PM
Ha ha, cute dog ...

Yeah, but probably need to cut its nails a bit...

kreative
12-30-2005, 11:51 PM
i'm interested in the dnx 8, hopefully w/ the same sound at contact as the dnx v1 w/ the feel and control of the cat 8 ve.

jonolau
12-31-2005, 01:28 AM
The graphics are really moving away from the traditional Volkl look. Not necessarily a bad thing as they are trying to reach out to a younger crowd.

However, I'm really curious? Anyone able to comment on why there are so few "top level" pros using the Volkls? I'm hedging my bets that it's due to a lack of endorsement funds ... but there might be a more prudent reason.

Any comments?

HotShotEd
12-31-2005, 01:49 AM
The graphics are really moving away from the traditional Volkl look. Not necessarily a bad thing as they are trying to reach out to a younger crowd.

However, I'm really curious? Anyone able to comment on why there are so few "top level" pros using the Volkls? I'm hedging my bets that it's due to a lack of endorsement funds ... but there might be a more prudent reason.

Any comments?

IMO, lack of endorsement funds is definitely the reason. I'm new to the Volkl family and really like my racket. However, I'm still having problem serving with my T10VEMID...can anyone advise me with better technique to serve with this stick, I'm not tall (5'8") so flat serve is no good for me, I usually use spin (kick) serve but half the time can't get the ball over the net...

LafayetteHitter
12-31-2005, 01:54 AM
Pros using the racquets probably means nothing to most of the market that Volkl caters to imo. A few sponsored pros I know have told me that they would use a different brand if they didn't get their racquets free so what does that say for the big companies. I think Volkl is concentrating more on producing great racquets that are very good at what they are designed for without worrying about dropping big bucks just to say that "so and so" uses it.

jonolau
12-31-2005, 01:57 AM
Ed, I've had the same problems with the T10VE Mid on serves. To get power with serves, I find that I have to really nail the ball in the upper hoop. But most of the time, I go for percentage serves by making use of it's high controlability to serve extremely wide.

ollinger
12-31-2005, 04:59 AM
Doesn't it beg the question a bit to say a company doesn't have much money for pro endorsements? The markets usually respond such that if you make a great racquet you'll sell lots of them, if you sell lots of them you'll make lots of money, if you make lots of money you'll have money to spend on pro endorsers....and so it goes. One wonders what the problem, then, at Volkl has been. Doesn't seem to be price, as they sell for about what everyone else sells, unlike say a high-end low-volume car like Porsche. And it's not time, as they've been selling racquets for roughly as long as Prince or Yonex. Maybe poor management, as their distrbution networks seem to have been more limited than some other companies, for unclear reasons. Never quite understood how you make a supposedly great product, sell it for the same price as presumably inferior products, and still not sell very many of them. It's not "old world craftsmanship" as they seem to bang 'em out in Chinese factories more or less like everyone else, perhaps with somewhat tighter specs.
________
MARIJUANA SEED (http://marijuanaseeds.org/)

NoBadMojo
12-31-2005, 06:12 AM
Volkl has a number of pros using their stuff (just not many common names), and tons of juniors (not in the USA), and some of the well know seniors. They also have more of a presense in Europe and places other than the US.
Volkl is doing great businesswise. Thinking of a business model as just being in the US is very myopic
If you look at this correctly, there is x amounf of money (the pie). if you give a really big chunk of the pie away to highly paid endorsements (head and Wlson and Babalot) and advertising, it comes from somewhere else and is usually reflected in the quality of the goods, given similar gross margins. Volkl puts their money into design and the quality of the product.
To say all racquets are about the same becase they are made in China is really inaccurate. The Chinese can make racquets from WalMart quality to Wilson/Head/Babolat quality to Volkl quality (sometimes from the same factory). They make racquets to any qualty, design, tolerance level the customer wants and is willing to pay for.
As far as serving well with the T10Mid, it's a low powered frame. was designed to be that way

ollinger
12-31-2005, 07:03 AM
I'm not certain it's myopia....I was in Hungary, Germany and Czech Republic a year and a half ago and had a much easier time finding Prince and Wilson racquets in the stores I visited than Volkl. Boris Becker is a prosperous guy, but he's not Warren Buffet, so if he could buy half the company you have to wonder just how well they've been doing. I just wonder about their managerial decisions, and if skimping on high-profile endorsements is one of those decisions, it may be a poor business strategy. They certainly were late to the party with oversize racquets, well over a decade after nearly everyone else offered them. Quality? I think they make a perfectly good and very well finished product, but I've got 20 year old POGs that are doing just fine. German companies have gotten some well-deserved boost from their quality claims over the years, but even Consumer Reports has downrated Mercedes, BMW and Audi products the last few years for poor reliability ratings, well behind even some American brands now. Couldn't hurt if Volkl snagged a top 10 endorser or two -- they're certainly welcome to put the enhanced revenue back into quality if they choose.
________
Live Sex Webshows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

NoBadMojo
12-31-2005, 07:42 AM
Congrats on having a 20year old POG..i have no clue what that proves other than you are playing with a really fatigued worn out racquet..POG specs were all over the place. The rest of your argument is really weak...so what a Company is smaller..I guess that precludes them from making really good stuff in your mind, and makes them somehow inferior. Pointless to continue this dscussion with you..you're just making noise. If you knew anything about the racquet biz, you would know the volume really isnt that huge to begin with compared to a myriad of other product lines.

jackson vile
12-31-2005, 08:50 AM

No you fail to understand the DNX techlonogy, it is used at stratigic points in order to stiffen specific spots to increase control while still keeping the majority of the original characteristics

NoBadMojo
12-31-2005, 09:11 AM
jackson vile is correct...the frames are a combo of materials..older school flexy materials for comfort and much stronger stiffer materals at strategic places for strength, stiffness, and stability (the wings at 3 and 9 and the handle collar cuff). At least you can tell there is actually some material fused to the racquets at those points unlike Wlson with their PWS which is nothing more than the shape of the mold. The DNX material was invented for the aerospace industry and ported over to racquets. Up to us to decide if the DNX stuff is all that. Some technology works great and some is just crap, and some is just ways to make racquets cheaper and charge even more.

El Diablo
12-31-2005, 09:17 AM
Yes, please explain why that little nubbin of stiffness just above tha grip (as opposed to somewhere else on the shaft, or wherever) increases control.

ssjkyle31
12-31-2005, 09:43 AM
Sometimes the biggest company does not always put out the best rackets.

LafayetteHitter
12-31-2005, 10:47 AM
Aston Martin doesn't sell a large quantity of their cars each year compared to Ford but nonetheless they make a fine vehicle. In fact often enough people I meet have no clue what an Aston Martin is which of course in no way means the car is not a finely tuned machine does it?