PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else play tennis games on there Pocket PC?

progman_2000
12-30-2005, 03:16 AM
Geek? Yes. But if I am not actually standing on a court I sometimes kill time playing Tennis Addict (from Hexacto) on my Pocket PC. Very good game, considering it is not the newest pocket pc software on the market. Anyone else play pocket pc tennis?

theJuniorACE
12-30-2005, 05:05 AM
i sometimes play mario tennis(GBC rom)
whenever i actually use my ppc

Docalex007
12-30-2005, 01:48 PM
Wow, do people still use the term "pocket pc"? I guess PDA is only for lazy people who are used to taking shortcuts in life. :)

nViATi
12-30-2005, 02:29 PM
Wow, do people still use the term "pocket pc"? I guess PDA is only for lazy people who are used to taking shortcuts in life. :)
They are different.
Typically PDA refers to ones running Palm OS.
Typically Pocket PC refers to ones running Windows CE or Windows Pocket PC Edition.

Docalex007
12-30-2005, 02:34 PM
Aha, that makes perfect sense. Thanks.

I must say though, I and others I know have used the acronym PDA for all such devices. I would and probably 8 of 10 people would identify a "pocket pc" as a personal digital assistant (PDA). But your explanation makes sense.

progman_2000
12-30-2005, 02:50 PM
My Pocket PC in question is a Fujitsu Seimens Loox 720. The best Windows mobile device on the market IMHO. VGA display also, which is nice, also why I was wondering if anyone else plays tennis games on theirs. And, yes, I abandoned the term PDA long ago - nowadays everything from pagers to cell phones can technically qualify as a "personal digital assistant".

theJuniorACE
12-30-2005, 02:57 PM
dont we use ppc for shorthand
cuz when im talkign to others about it ill say pocket pc

Docalex007
12-30-2005, 07:13 PM
Actually, just do a simple test on google search to see which is more "accurate" in terms of popularity. Search and then click on images to see what came up.

Search ppc: so so results, about half the pics on the first page are pocket pc's.

Search pocket pc: you get all PDA's that run, like nViATi has stated, a Windows version OS.

Search PDA: you get lots of pics showing pda's....but only running Palm OS software. So PDA a proper term when speaking of these Palm devices.

So what is the general word for all these devices that we should use??? Gadgets?

Verdict: nViATi is right.

Tennis_Monk
12-30-2005, 09:24 PM
Handhelds is another word commonly used. Palm and PocketPc are just diff operating systems. Since these Handhelds arent as sophisticated as our Computers, they are still tied to a Vendor(manufacturer).
Otherwise, soon in the future one can buy any handheld and put in a Palm OS or a PocketPC (Microsoft windows operationg system for handhelds) Just like how we can have XP or UNIX (LINUX etc) on our computers,

nViATi
12-31-2005, 07:47 AM
Handhelds is another word commonly used. Palm and PocketPc are just diff operating systems. Since these Handhelds arent as sophisticated as our Computers, they are still tied to a Vendor(manufacturer).
Otherwise, soon in the future one can buy any handheld and put in a Palm OS or a PocketPC (Microsoft windows operationg system for handhelds) Just like how we can have XP or UNIX (LINUX etc) on our computers,
Hmm I think there was one handheld that actually ran Linux or a version of it. Not quite sure about the name. It was a long time ago.

chunlin66
12-31-2005, 08:22 PM
Hmm I think there was one handheld that actually ran Linux or a version of it. Not quite sure about the name. It was a long time ago.

Sharp Zaurus

chunlin66
12-31-2005, 08:23 PM
you get lots of pics showing pda's....but only running Palm OS software. So PDA a proper term when speaking of these Palm devices.

Actually, the term PDA refers to all "Personal Digital Assistants," not just those running Palm OS.