PDA

View Full Version : Is lead taping the Pure Drive Std. a good idea?

BjornBorg
12-30-2005, 02:28 PM
As the racket is a bit light, how much lead and where would help? Not looking for more power--it's powerful enough. Just want to stabilize the frame a bit so I can hit better slice--mine seem to float a bit more than I'd prefer with the Pure Drive standard.

erik-the-red
12-30-2005, 02:41 PM
Why not? Put some at 3 and 9, and to counterweight / make the racquet heavier, tailweight at the handle.

uremate
12-30-2005, 02:42 PM
Just bought some lead myself for my pure drive std. Going to put some on and use the trial and error method, see what works best.

jck01
01-04-2006, 10:58 PM
As the racket is a bit light, how much lead and where would help? Not looking for more power--it's powerful enough. Just want to stabilize the frame a bit so I can hit better slice--mine seem to float a bit more than I'd prefer with the Pure Drive standard.
I never put lead tape on the Babolat PD - it seemed fine to me w/o the tape. I'm sure it's a subjective thing - I'm sure some people like to have lead tape on their Babolat PD. Why don't you try it since you seem to be interested. It's not going to cost that much money for lead tape. And it's probably gonna bug you unless you do it since you'd like to slice better with the racquet and you think lead tape may fix the problem.

Good Luck!

!<-_->!
01-05-2006, 01:55 AM
I have. Don't really know how much, but it seems to help plow through the ball with the extra weight. I have 6 inches at 12, 8 inches at 3&9, and then changed the grip shape with head tape. The lead used was from the reel purchased from TW. 1 strip each side.

goosala
01-05-2006, 05:44 PM
If you are physically strong then why not? The Babolat frames are very lightweight so added weight would not hurt them the least.

Askmeo88
01-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Doesn't Babolat print "Lead Tape Location" at 12 oclock? I guess Babolat thinks that it's a good idea to lead the PD... :rolleyes:

PM_
01-05-2006, 11:09 PM
5 gr under the guard
5 gr in the handle.