PDA

View Full Version : best method of shipping racqets?

raven5288
12-30-2005, 05:05 PM
after reading the box topic, I need to ask what method I should use to ship 2 racquets I'm planning to sell. USPS, Fedex, or UPS? What are your personally preferences and why? Which would be the cheapest?

vxb
12-30-2005, 05:16 PM
UPS only, never had a problem with them and I shipped a lots of racquets with them (I work for the company though).

tandayu
12-30-2005, 05:47 PM
UPS only, never had a problem with them and I shipped a lots of racquets with them (I work for the company though).

I bought a racket, and the seller ship by UPS. It was lost in the UPS truck.

KickServer
12-30-2005, 06:03 PM
I've shipped out quite a few racquets. For me, the best is USPS Priority Mail with confirmation delievery. Racquets will fit in 2 priority boxes taped together. Mail is delivered in 2-3 business days. For around the same price, UPS and Fedex takes much longer. Too expensive to do it 2-3 days if shipped far.

Sixpointone
12-30-2005, 06:16 PM
I've used USPS, Fed Ex and UPS. All with satisfactory results.

Carrier aside, I find that the three most key things to do are...

1) Packing the Racquets securely so that there is no rattlling in the box.
2) Getting a Tracking Number.
3) Getting Insurance.

vxb
12-30-2005, 07:47 PM
ups automatically insures every package up to $100.

fishuuuuu
12-30-2005, 07:52 PM
USPS Priority Mail to any of the Cont. USA with delievery confirmation, insurance to $150.00, and tracking costs me about $8.00~9.00 for 1 racquet.

They have the racquet to the buyer in about 2-3 days time, always.

Steve Huff
12-30-2005, 09:26 PM
USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation is how I usually send rackets. Priority Mail, even with Del. Conf. does NOT track your package. They can only give you a delivery date. I've never had a problem with it, but if someone (say when you're returning a frame to the manufacturer) wants you to use a trackable source, USPS isn't one of them.

kinsella
12-30-2005, 10:25 PM
I always use UPS for domestic shipments. I ship from my office, where we have a big enough account to get good rates -- under $6. I like the tracking system that lets my buyer know I shipped something when I said I would. It also gives them piece of mind to follow the progress of the package. Finally, the original estimate of when the package will arrive has been very accurate.

For International, the US Post Office costs a fraction of what private compannies charge and I had success sending a stick to Singapore that way.

EliteNinja
12-30-2005, 10:54 PM
UPS lost my electric guitar...
Then when the guy from ebuy shipped me another one, it was delayed by a train wreck.
4 months later when I got it, the face was cracked and required $230 worth of repair. The box had FRAGILE ALL OVER IT.
UPS didn't cover the repair.
Visa covered my repair, but I expect to not have damaged goods.
The resale of my guitar is lowered...

UPS SUX!!!