PDA

View Full Version : Can single bh use double bh racquets?

Sandbug
12-30-2005, 10:07 PM
Hi all,

I'm looking at the Yonex RDX 500 which I think Hewett and Nalbandian are using(both are double BH player). I was thinking of getting it but I was told that the racquet it is designed for double BH players! Is it true?

Thks for all yr comments!

bennieboi
12-30-2005, 10:19 PM
NO, definitely not true!

EliteNinja
12-30-2005, 10:56 PM
No such thing as a racquet specifically made for 1hbh or 2hbh (or very rare). If you can fit 2 hands on the length of the grip, it can be used as a 2hbh racquet or as a 1hbh racquet.
I use a 1hbh on the RDX500 mid.

Sweden
12-31-2005, 03:12 AM
They are probably not playing with those rackets but paintjobs, however Joackim Johansson is supposed to play with the RDX 500 and he hits nice one handed backhands. But some people claim the he is actually using a Yonex Rd Ti 70 or a custom drilled RDX because of a more tight string pattern. I don’t know but of course you can play one handers with the RDX.

SteveI
12-31-2005, 04:11 AM
They are probably not playing with those rackets but paintjobs, however Joackim Johansson is supposed to play with the RDX 500 and he hits nice one handed backhands. But some people claim the he is actually using a Yonex Rd Ti 70 or a custom drilled RDX because of a more tight string pattern. I donít know but of course you can play one handers with the RDX.

Hi,

There seems to be some frames that have been designed and shipped with longer grips. Prince used to sell replacement grips that were made for their LONGBOBY series.. and of course they were extra-long. These extra-long grips make it easier for the two-hander to grip the frame. That is one of the only things I have seen that indicated that a frame might have been "designed/produced" for a player that will be using a two-hander. Of course, there are also frames that have longer handles in proportion to head size (100 head size/28" long) like the POG LB which might look like that frame was designed for two-handers. Not sure I have ever seen frames advertised in that manner ie.. for "two handers" Now you see that Wilson has the "W" series of frames so anything is possible for advertised or marketed frame.

Regards,
Steve

ssjkyle31
12-31-2005, 06:51 AM
There are companies that can make your grip longer adding more space for a 2hb. But most rackets can be use for both.

backhand_finish
12-31-2005, 08:37 AM
hmmm n61 95 good for d bh?

joe1987
12-31-2005, 09:11 AM
Lm rad is good for both single and double.