PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound fake? (Wilson Ncode N1)

Shaz
12-31-2005, 02:40 AM
Ok, I bought a Wilson N1 off E-bay from China, supposedly being straight from factory.

It looks genuine and performs well during play. However, although the E-bay seller has like 99% positive feedback, a recent negative one claimed that a Wilson N3 sold by him was a fake one-piece frame. I msged the guy asking how he could tell, and he said that the supposed rubber parting between the head and neck was simply some kind of rubber band wrapped around a groove and not a real parting. However, the seller simply replied that the guy was being awkward, wanting refunds, another racket, etc.

The problem is, the N1 isn't a Triad like the N3, right? So I can't tell from that if it's fake or not; but here's the things about it that seem really genuine:

1. Holographic Wilson authenticity sticker on the inside of the neck, with a Wilson factory sticker as well, in Chinese.

2. All prints around the frame are holographic and look real, down to the printed specs on the inside of the neck.

3. It has the correct weight.

4. The racket grip looks genuine, and so does the logo at the bottom of the handle.

5. The Ncode racket cover looks genuine.

6. It plays well, like the N1 is meant to - very powerful, good stability, etc.

7. Comparing with various pictures of N1's, e.g. from the Wilson webiste, I can see absolutely no difference in shape, colour, etc.

Surely a fake this good would be far too costly? :confused:

Help appreciated. :)

HotShotEd
12-31-2005, 02:58 AM
If it looks and feels real then why bother finding out its authenticity? The guy who made the negative claim from **** is probably awkward and wanting refunds... Why believe this guy when your racket seems 99% authentic, it's just a waste of time IMO...

xtiano
12-31-2005, 03:14 AM
better to believe the 99%

Punisha
12-31-2005, 03:57 AM
if u cant tell the difference... then who cares... ???

Louise_a
12-31-2005, 04:05 AM
If you're really desperate to know (although if it feels fine to you, then there is nothing to worry about) take it to a stringer. These guys are often the best at telling if a racket is fake by how it acts when they restring it.

Shaz
12-31-2005, 04:05 AM
I'm not asking whether it matters or not.

What I'm trying to ask is, with all of the points I made, do YOU think it is most likely to be genuine?

Shaz
12-31-2005, 04:06 AM
If you're really desperate to know (although if it feels fine to you, then there is nothing to worry about) take it to a stringer. These guys are often the best at telling if a racket is fake by how it acts when they restring it.

Thanks, that's helpful. :)

nadalfederersampras
12-31-2005, 04:46 AM
I'm not asking whether it matters or not.

What I'm trying to ask is, with all of the points I made, do YOU think it is most likely to be genuine?
Why do you need to know if its gennuine if it plays well???:confused:

Shaz
12-31-2005, 04:55 AM
Why do you need to know if its gennuine if it plays well???:confused:

Think about it. If a fake was as good or better than the real thing, then why does it cost so much less and why doesn't everyone just buy fakes instead?

It must be inferior in some way. For example, it may play well now, but who's to say it won't break the next time? I need to find out ASAP to better my chances of a refund.

Richie Rich
12-31-2005, 05:09 AM
Think about it. If a fake was as good or better than the real thing, then why does it cost so much less and why doesn't everyone just buy fakes instead?

It must be inferior in some way. For example, it may play well now, but who's to say it won't break the next time? I need to find out ASAP to better my chances of a refund.

maybe you should have asked questions or done some research BEFORE you bought to make yourself satisfied and then not have to hurry around looking for answers after the fact.

Shaz
12-31-2005, 05:19 AM
maybe you should have asked questions or done some research BEFORE you bought to make yourself satisfied and then not have to hurry around looking for answers after the fact.

Questions?

"Excuse me Mr. Seller, is this racquet you are selling real?"

"No. I don't want your money at all. It is completely fake. Here is the address of the factory where I illegally manufacture fake racquets, and my home telephone number. Please alert the relevant authorities." :rolleyes:

Seriously, I did all I could by considering what information was available (the picture, description all match the real thing), and the seller has a very good reputation.

HotShotEd
12-31-2005, 07:46 AM
Questions?

"No. I don't want your money at all. It is completely fake. Here is the address of the factory where I illegally manufacture fake racquets, and my home telephone number. Please alert the relevant authorities." :rolleyes:

Seriously, I did all I could by considering what information was available (the picture, description all match the real thing), and the seller has a very good reputation.

I think you're just worrying too much!!! Would you have suspect a counterfeit bill from change given by a supermarket cashier? You're asking questions like "what if the color printing on the bill will fade in 2 days?".
Are you just posting this thread for the sake of posting?

roddick_rulz
12-31-2005, 07:56 AM
N1 is too powerful! But sounds right.

PBODY99
12-31-2005, 08:09 AM
Ok, I bought a Wilson N1 off E-bay from China, supposedly being straight from factory.

It looks genuine and performs well during play. However, although the E-bay seller has like 99% positive feedback, a recent negative one claimed that a Wilson N3 sold by him was a fake one-piece frame. I msged the guy asking how he could tell, and he said that the supposed rubber parting between the head and neck was simply some kind of rubber band wrapped around a groove and not a real parting. However, the seller simply replied that the guy was being awkward, wanting refunds, another racket, etc.

The problem is, the N1 isn't a Triad like the N3, right? So I can't tell from that if it's fake or not; but here's the things about it that seem really genuine:

1. Holographic Wilson authenticity sticker on the inside of the neck, with a Wilson factory sticker as well, in Chinese.

2. All prints around the frame are holographic and look real, down to the printed specs on the inside of the neck.

3. It has the correct weight.

4. The racket grip looks genuine, and so does the logo at the bottom of the handle.

5. The Ncode racket cover looks genuine.

6. It plays well, like the N1 is meant to - very powerful, good stability, etc.

7. Comparing with various pictures of N1's, e.g. from the Wilson webiste, I can see absolutely no difference in shape, colour, etc.

Surely a fake this good would be far too costly? :confused:

Help appreciated. :)

Not if it feel off the back of the truck. Look you went looking for a cheap frame and you found it. The higher price you pay from a known dealer is for "a quite nights sleep". the discount on the price makes you take some of the risk, basic economics.:cool:

Mr.Federer
12-31-2005, 08:13 AM
Why almost everyday there's a new thread if their rackets are fake??? Just go with TW if you're gonna buy a frame from the internet... at least you know you're gonna get the real deal...

ssjkyle31
12-31-2005, 08:58 AM
I think these people who buy these rackets really need to get a life. You buy these new rackets off e..b..a..y because of the deal. Sometimes you get a real one and sometimes you don't. Because of this don't expect any peace of mind when you try to get any warranty work. Just my 2 cents

You just have to have lower expectations.

Richie Rich
12-31-2005, 10:30 AM
Questions?

you say you did all you can then you come here and ask is it real or fake? doing all you can would be asking this question before you buy. make sense?

i have a feeling that if you did ask this question BEFORE bidding people would have told you to stay away. that would be common sense. but i guess the money was burning a hole in your pocket so you took a chance. now you are not so sure.

go and enjoy the racquet.