PDA

View Full Version : Grip size

william
12-31-2005, 06:05 AM
I have heard that quite a lot of pros use grip size 3. I have just put a leather grip on my racket and put a wilson pro overgrip on top and it feels really small I find it hard to believe that pros who probably have bigger hands than myself use size 3?

Mattle
12-31-2005, 06:08 AM
Well i use grip size three too... i got the ncode wilson 95.. with one of those wilson grips i got a perfect grip.. erhm.. my hands aren't that big:P...

What I'm trying to say: Grip size is a very personal thing.. Only you can find out what you need

ssjkyle31
12-31-2005, 06:10 AM
For someone like me who is inbetween the L3 and L4 it is a preference. You chose what is comfortable. I do admit the bigger grip you are able to produce a flatter hit than a smaller grip.

william
12-31-2005, 06:10 AM
Don't you think that federer's grip size looks bigger than a size 3 and his hands are quite big even though he says he uses size 3

SageOfDeath
12-31-2005, 06:11 AM
Many Many people don't use that small of a grip, but it all depends on what is comfortable to you. Don't emmulate the pros in their equipment if it is uncomfortable. They may or may not have bigger hands than you but just because by measuring their hand they should use a larger grip. It all depends on what they feel comfortable with.

Using something out of your comfort range in grip size might make you hold on to the grip too tight or the grip might twist in your hand and feel uncomfortable.

Point is don't worry about what the pros use. Worry about what you personally want to use.

william
12-31-2005, 06:14 AM
Its just size 3 suddenly feels very small

SageOfDeath
12-31-2005, 06:26 AM

Then don't use it.

backhand_finish
12-31-2005, 07:33 AM
wht makes you think pros have huge hands? they might like small grips to really whip that ball.

nViATi
12-31-2005, 07:39 AM
The pros hold their grips pretty losely and sometimes with part of their palm not on their racquet. This isn't a good idea for us mere mortals. We sure as hell can't hit the sweetspot as accurately as them.(Except for the few very very good people here) Using a gripsize that small and holding the racquet like that would just make the racquet slip in our hand from mishits.

PBODY99
12-31-2005, 08:42 AM
You are right, so don't use it. Your swing speed most likely isn't like the "Pro" you named and most of us need to remember that this game is about the person finding the way for their skillset.:cool: