PDA

View Full Version : Customizing nPro Surge

panic
01-01-2006, 04:16 AM
I'm trying to customize my surge for a more elbow friendly racquet. First it had alu power which gave me lots of elbow pain. But now after switching to 16g xcel premium at the tension of 54lb/24,5kg and adding 5 grams of lead in the butt I just played a quite nice match. But it was a bit low tension for me and I ended up with overhitting too much. Would it make a big diffrence (in arm friendlyness) when I strung it at 56lbs ? I also thought adding some more weight in the butt.

OdinLoki
01-01-2006, 09:49 PM
Hi Panic,

The Lux Alu strings probably had more to do with the discomfort than high string tension. If you are satisfied with the 16g xcel premium, I'd suggest that you go & string it at 56lbs. Or use the Luxilons as a hybrid with softer strings (remember to drop the tension on the Luxs to something lower than the other strings).

Also, in my personal experience with the NPro Surge, I found that putting too much lead in the butt end affected the serve. My racquet head speed was still okay (it should be more headlight anyway)... it just didn't feel right. Maybe the lead was lowering the sweet spot too much? Whatever the reason, there was a limit to the amount of lead I could use at the butt end and still serve effectively.