PDA

View Full Version : dunlop prices at TW

mark_1981
01-01-2006, 06:57 AM
I was just curious as to why, TW dropped the price of the Mfil to around 80$ and have now put them to 99$? Also with the macenroe racket, any ideas? will the prices be dropped again

equinox
01-01-2006, 07:29 AM
They give the reason here.
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=684940&postcount=3

A lame excuse imho.

Who comes first TW? your customers or business partners?

nViATi
01-01-2006, 08:22 AM

A lame excuse imho.

Without their business partners what will they have to sell us? Come on, $99 is still a great deal. Don't be so selfish.

kabob
01-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Not only that, they tell you outright that if you call in, they'll honor the old price no questions asked. Sounds like their customers come first to me.

BreakPoint
01-01-2006, 11:55 AM

A lame excuse imho.

Of course, TW is thinking about its customers. If they don't abide by Dunlop's policies, Dunlop could cut TW off, and where would that leave TW's customers? No Dunlop racquets at all!

Besides, they tell you right up front that they will still sell them to you at the lower price. So what's changed? You only have to not be lazy and pick up the phone.

Roforot
01-01-2006, 12:10 PM
clearly new dunlops getting a rough start; ppl who'd seen the prices drop are going to be loathe to pay upto $150-160 for the same brand; even if they put out a new product line, ppl. will see it as basically a new cosmetic face on the old frames that were sub $100.
On top of it all, Dunlop doesn't have any top players or hot technology (ncode, oports etc) going for it.
If I were them, I'd put out 3 or 4 mcenroe frames and try to put out a Graff frame as well...

mark_1981
01-01-2006, 02:10 PM
thanks for your responses, and it is not that I do not want to pay the new prices, its just I bought from them 1 week ago to see if I liked the racket and now it jumped up in price, I am glad that you informed me that I could call, I will do that

PBODY99
01-01-2006, 07:32 PM
clearly new dunlops getting a rough start; ppl who'd seen the prices drop are going to be loathe to pay upto $150-160 for the same brand; even if they put out a new product line, ppl. will see it as basically a new cosmetic face on the old frames that were sub $100.
On top of it all, Dunlop doesn't have any top players or hot technology (ncode, oports etc) going for it.
If I were them, I'd put out 3 or 4 mcenroe frames and try to put out a Graff frame as well...
Unless it was a Peter Graff frame, Wilson might be a bit ticked off. She used a stenciled Wilson frame at the current charity show this year so I think she is still under some contract with the last company she played for.

Sorry, to the point of Dunlop, this is not the first time that they have dropped priices radically in the Delaware Valley. In the past it has been a frame that was quickly< less than a 9 months> replaced. From 250 to 49 dollars at Sports A******* . Interesting , tennis marketing isn't it.:cool: