PDA

View Full Version : Similar rackets?

ionou
01-01-2006, 11:29 AM
I was trying to replace my I-prestige, but I didn't know which racket to get. Is there a racket that feels nearly the same or should I just buy the same one? I also like the Prince Precision Equipe and would like the same kind of racket as well.

saber333
01-01-2006, 08:52 PM
i just ordered up the dunlop m-fil 200 to replace my last cracked iprestige. i'll post on how they work out when i try them.

i played wtih the classic for 5 years till i broke them, then switched to the iprestige when they first came out. Even then, i had 1 classic left and it took me a year to fully switch to the iprestige...

the m-fil 200 seems relatively similar in terms of specs, and a very brief play test felt good.

EliteNinja
01-01-2006, 10:26 PM
Yonex RDX500 Mid.

I know a guy with an i.prestige mid and I loved it so I set out to look for one. But there were none to be found. The RDX500 is pretty close in weight and balance, but the sweetspot is a tad higher. More spinny, too.

Just a suggestion. Give it a demo.

snoflewis
01-01-2006, 11:44 PM
LM prestige doesnt sound like a bad idea, i think you should demo a few to see which one you like best

joe1987
01-01-2006, 11:54 PM
LM prestige plays more flexy that the i.prestige. I prefered the i.prestige but could not buy them anymore. I think you may want to wait for the FXP prestige. There was some feedback on them, do a search.

saber333
01-02-2006, 05:43 PM
LM prestige was noticably heavier than the iprestige. I couldnt get used to it coming around later on my shots and what not.
The RDX 500 felt much flexier and just much less responsive than my iprestige even though theyre supposed to be rated fairly similar

I had expected that either of those could easily fill the place of the iprestige, but was dissapointed.

Say Chi Sin Lo
01-02-2006, 05:48 PM
i think the NXG mid is the closest thing. At least for me when i was looking for something to replace my Iprestige...

ionou
01-03-2006, 12:00 AM
How about the Diablo MP? I heard that the NXG MP is kind of stiff.

djones
01-03-2006, 12:06 AM
If you really need something similar than the LM Prestige mid is your bet!
Sure this racquet feels a little different than the I Prestige, but no other racquet from either Prince, Yonex or Wilson is going to feel more similar than a LM Prestige.
It's the headshape, headsize, balance etc, which are all the same on the Prestiges, maybe not the balance, but if would for sure feel much closer than a Prince or Yonex.

Btw, the Yonex RDX 500, you may like it, but it feels totally different than any Prestige.
It has a very mushy and numb feel and it flexes very different than the Prestige racquets as well.
I think you should really give the LM Prestige a try!

ionou
01-03-2006, 12:12 AM
But isn't changing from an MP to Mid a big difference? I still sometimes play with OS and there's no problem, but I heard that Mid differs a lot from MP and OS.

djones
01-03-2006, 03:26 AM
But isn't changing from an MP to Mid a big difference? I still sometimes play with OS and there's no problem, but I heard that Mid differs a lot from MP and OS.

You could just get the LM Prestige MP.

Greg S
01-03-2006, 10:32 AM
What about the Head Classic Tour? It's close to the same specs and it's only $115. I have two of them and just bought a third. For me, they play much better than both my RDX500 MP or my BAB. PC. I strung them with Klip hybrids to even out the string bed response. It's the closest thing i've found to my "Holy Grail", but to each their own. Also, they're made in Austria. Can't find that much more.

Good Luck too you.

saf
01-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Ionou,

I've played many a years and many tourneys with the Prince Precision Response. The last year or two I developed a need for something slightly more controlable from the baseline. I was stringing my PPRTi's at 72-74 to try to deaden them with little success. This also caused arm/wrist problems. I decided I needed something with a little more flex.

A buddy of mine who is a Volkl rep started putting some of their frames in my hand. After trying pretty much all of their 10 series frames, I made a switch to the Volkl Tour 10 V-Engine MP, with no problem at all. It is a better frame from the baseline than the PPRti. I would definitely give it a shot. If you like the balance of the PPRti, you could lighten the head of the frame on the Volkl 10 vemp by a head guard trimming process described in many past e-mail from NoBadMojo and others. Try it stock first though.

You will not find anything in production from Prince that is close to the PPRTi. I have been closely associated with Prince for many years now and they don't make any current frames like it. I preached and preached to them that they needed to reproduce or re-release that frame. I think they tried with the More Control, but it was not close. The TT Warrier was a very close match that is a GREAT frame also.

This is just my 2-cents, but I think you should give the Tour 10 vemp a shot. It's a great attacking frame.

saf
01-03-2006, 12:44 PM
In regards to the head guard trimming, I meant to say posts and not e-mails. Do a search and you can find a lot of material. Good luck!!!

Deuce
01-25-2006, 02:23 AM
The racquet whose feel is most similar to the iPrestige Mid is the Pro Staff 6.0 85 sq. in.

BLiND
01-25-2006, 04:22 AM
Just get another i.Prestige!

jonolau
01-25-2006, 05:33 AM
If it's the i.Prestige MP XL, then the Tecnifibre TFight 325 specs comes quite close to it.

For the i.Prestige MP standard, I found that the Volkl Tour 10 V-Engine MP came quite close in terms of playbility and feel around the court.

However, these are just my personal views and best for you to demo yourself.