PDA

View Full Version : truth in rumor to yonex re-releasing old frames?

Roforot
01-01-2006, 11:15 AM
somewhere in this forum saw someone obscurely mention this?
Has anyone heard this? RD-7 SRD tour?
I prefer Yonex frames, but get irritated at how they completely discontinue classic frames. I fear the same will happen w/ rdx 500 now that Hewitt's using a newer frame.

BreakPoint
01-01-2006, 11:28 AM
So why not just stock up on a few dozen RDX 500's while they're still around? Problem solved.

Dan007
01-01-2006, 11:36 AM
If they discontinue RDX 500 it will in a couple of more years. The company won't discontinue the frame right away because a newer frame came out.

Roforot
01-01-2006, 05:38 PM
So why not just stock up on a few dozen RDX 500's while they're still around? Problem solved.

well, I'm still using srd tour 90s;
It wasn't easy getting them.
I had wanted one for a long time since a friend lent me his,
but I was a student at the time, and kept waiting for them to go
on sale as they were being closed out on TW; instead they disappeared!
Last year, a poster here was kind enough to send me a link to where I could buy one new; I bought 5! My resolution is to stick w/ them for another 6 months, but I think I may go beyond that.

No, I think Yonex has made a lot of good sticks but then abandoned the mould. I'm not a business man and they're obviously doing well; it just seems that if you have a good frame, why not keep it going? Tinker w/ the weight a little or cosmetics in order to generate new sales.

PBODY99
01-01-2006, 06:10 PM
It is all about generating volume, when the demand drops to a certain point, they retire the mold. Wilson brought back the orignal Skunk ( 6.2 hammer ) when players kept asking for them. Who knows Yonnex might figure out that their is money in the niche market of oldder frames.

Roforot
01-02-2006, 06:11 AM
Interesting, I didn't know that about Wilson!

POGO
01-02-2006, 06:45 AM
It is all about generating volume, when the demand drops to a certain point, they retire the mold. Wilson brought back the orignal Skunk ( 6.2 hammer ) when players kept asking for them. Who knows Yonnex might figure out that their is money in the niche market of oldder frames.
exactly when did wilson re-introduced the hammer 6.2?

TW is usually up on these things and often the first or the only ones to carry reintroduced frames like the POG LB and prestige. I have not seen tw mention about the 6.2 being reintroduced.