PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Economy REALLY booming, in US and abroad?

max
01-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Any thoughts here? Where outside of those Chinese free trade provinces is the economy really blazing away?

RiosTheGenius
01-01-2006, 01:40 PM
it will in Dubai soon. in fact the first 6 stars hotel was just built there. only at the macroeconomic level though, at the micro level the thing will be a little rough as it is in all those countries with a big economic inequality. at least all this project in dubai will generate employment for many local people.
the thing is, there's nothing in Dubai. once they're out of oil they're done. so, they decided do turn Dubai into a turist spot so they can survive. they have put so much money into it that they will be huge very soon and everyone is gonna be going there. today you can see the most expensive cars driving around there and you can just see money everywhere you go.
even Federer loves it there :)

ShooterMcMarco
01-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Singapore is doing good too because of their developments in communications.

vkartikv
01-01-2006, 03:27 PM
India is supposedly growing at 8% every year.

slice bh compliment
01-02-2006, 08:50 AM
I hear good things aboot Calgary, Alberta.
Parts of Idaho and Montana are attractive, too.
I also hear good things about Austin, Texas and Atlanta, Georgia -- though it may be on the late side to pick up real estate bargains.

Vietnam is the new Prague.

RiosTheGenius
01-02-2006, 02:05 PM
I heard Canada is growing faster than ever. they're even considering the production of 'Terrance & Phillip' 2 because they make a quarter of the country's income. .... if you know what i'm talking aboot.

El Diablo
01-02-2006, 05:52 PM
US economy grew about 4 percent in 2005, which is quite good for a country with a mature economic sysem, and inflation is still relatively low. Unemployment about 5 percent, which is average in recent decades and unfortunately necessary to prevent severe inflation. Problem may be that some have left the work force (and thus rendered the unemployment number lower than it may actually be), probably an ongoing effect of computerization and outsourcing the past 10 years.

ShooterMcMarco
01-02-2006, 10:39 PM
Our problem is importing textiles and automobiles, this is how we have a trade deficit. It will continue to stay this way unless American car companies can start making cars that can compete with the gas efficient and cost effective japanese cars.

jonolau
01-03-2006, 06:31 AM
Chemicals in India and Dubai are definitely hotting up. IT R&D in India. IT design and engineering in Malaysia. Chemicals, pharma and IP in Singapore. Auto maufacturing in Thailand. As for China, they are going thru a meltdown at the moment, and unfortunately the pace of growth over the last decade has been caught up by (ir)regulatory practices.