PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointing

roddick_rulz
01-01-2006, 06:26 PM
I got a new ntour at my local tennis shop strung with luxillion big banger alu power. I also got them to spray the "w" on the strings. They missed or screwed up and got some red on the frame. I'm ashamed of them.

Swan Song
01-01-2006, 06:28 PM
I got a new ntour at my local tennis shop strung with luxillion big banger alu power. I also got them to spray the "w" on the strings. They missed or screwed up and got some red on the frame. I'm ashamed of them.
Put some alchohol on an old rag and wipe up the paint. It will work.

roddick_rulz
01-01-2006, 06:29 PM
even if the paint is dried?

Swan Song
01-01-2006, 06:30 PM
even if the paint is dried?
Ye.

PBODY99
01-01-2006, 06:57 PM

Sorry for the cosmetic blemish you suffered, nail polish remover might help.

vkartikv
01-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Why do you need to stencil your racquet?????

Barricade_steve
01-01-2006, 07:13 PM
I like stenciling my racket but why did put on a stencil on luxilon. the ink is gonna rub off in like 5 min. of hitting.

joe1987
01-01-2006, 11:57 PM
I sencil my racket but I paint it at the bottom of the strings below the sweet spot.

AndrewD
01-02-2006, 12:06 AM
It's not paint so just wash it off. Do you honestly think they'd put paint on the strings?

Keifers
01-02-2006, 01:13 AM
I agree that nail polish remover (get the stuff labelled 'Pure Acetone') would be well worth a try. Use a Q-tip.

TEAM ZERO
01-02-2006, 01:32 AM
I dunno how badly the racquet looks coz of the red spray but it happens to mine all the time! The babolat logo goes rite until the end of the crosses so the stringer usually leaves a few drops of black ink on the frame but it comes off by just scrapping it with your nails. There is some left but wat matters is the string job not how the stencil looks unless your gna b on tv...

BreakPoint
01-02-2006, 01:36 PM
To be safe, I would STAY AWAY from using nail polish remover. That may also remove the original paint on your frame underneath. That stuff will remove paint no matter where it is or if you want to remove it or not. Just a word of caution. Try using some laundry or dish detergent with warm water first. Good luck.

LoveThisGame
01-02-2006, 07:10 PM
Before you take Swan Song's comment to use alcohol and go and pour vodka on your racquet, let me say that denatured alcohol works to remove stencil ink while not removing the frame's paint. As pointed out above, the need to do so comes up all too often with Babolat frames.

goober
01-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Take it back to the tennis shop and complain. If they are interested in customer service they will at least fix the problem. You may get something free out of it too.

jackson vile
01-02-2006, 08:47 PM

Hey guys you have to stop letting your stringers get away with that BS, you pay a lot of money so it had better damn well be prefessional.

You need to take that back, be nice and draw it fully to their attention, if they don't offer to compensate you in some form or another speak with the manager and give him hell:o

AJK1
01-02-2006, 08:56 PM
I hate stencilling on racquets, plus they're not paying me to sponsor them, so *uck 'em.