PDA

View Full Version : POG93 or POG107

perfmode
06-03-2004, 04:47 PM
Does the 107 have good control? I never really liked big heads but maybe I'll be able to take even bigger swings with that extra space. I play with a Wilson HH6.3(95) strung @ 65 w/ syn and I NEED a better racquet.

Feņa14
06-03-2004, 04:55 PM
Well look no further than the POG 93.

I have the OS and am desperate for the 93, they aren't sold in England though. The OS has great power and control, but I would recommend the 93 as you use a 95 at the moment.

The 93 gives an adequate ammount of power, excellent feel, spin, touch.

The 107 gives more than enough power, great spin, good feel, and a fair ammount of touch.

The 93 will help a 5.0 player more. Demo both but you should be better with a 93 if you choose that particular model.

-Liam

kreative
06-03-2004, 05:24 PM
perf, what's wrong w/ your hh6.3? it's a pretty nice racquet, and i've been thinking about switching to it. what do you like/dislike about it?

perfmode
06-03-2004, 07:46 PM
perf, what's wrong w/ your hh6.3? it's a pretty nice racquet, and i've been thinking about switching to it. what do you like/dislike about it?

It feels pretty nice but it isn't very stable from the baseline and is too flimsy to get good slices. It has great control and nice spin potential but getting head speed is a problem because it's so head heavy. I can still whip it but a lot less than HL racquets. I've had mine for about a month.

@wright
06-04-2004, 06:35 AM
I like the 93 much better, but I've always hated oversized frames. The 93 just has a great solid feeling with feedback.

BillH
06-04-2004, 07:50 AM
I played with the POG OS for approximately 6 weeks before changing recently to the midplus. I loved the feel and control of the OS but found it to be sluggish on serves and volleys. The midplus has more feel and control in my opinion than the OS without sacrificing much power at all. I am extremely happy with the midplus and would recommend to anyone who is looking for a control-oriented 12 plus ounce racquet. There's a reason POG is still on the market and selling well after 20 years!

kreative
06-04-2004, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the response Perf.

Going back to the original topic, I think the POG OS has great control for an OS racquet, probably one of the best imo. It's a solid racquet from the baseline, but I felt it was a bit sluggish at the net. I also had a difficult time hitting flat serves w/ it. Kick and slice serves were nice thou. Big sweetspot, and foregiving, as well as nice on the arm (never had any problems)

POG mid is more manueverable, and good for S&V play, but pretty demanding since it's not very foregiving on off-center shots. Much less pop than the OS. Also felt it was more unstable.

ragnaROK
06-05-2004, 01:02 PM
perfmode, i had the same problems with the 6.3 when I used to play it. HH and flimsy. I switched to something with less head space and headlight adn works out great. I'd go with the 93.

perfmode
06-06-2004, 10:51 AM
whatd u switch to?

perfmode
06-22-2004, 02:32 PM
bump