PDA

View Full Version : Practice Ball Suggestions for Ball Machines

gmlasam
06-03-2004, 06:30 PM
Need suggestions for practice balls to use for a tennis tutor model 2. Are the pressureless gamma balls a good alternative to actual tennis balls? Its a bit costly purchasing cases of tennis balls for ball machine use, specially the balls quickly losing pressure about about 6 hours of ball machine use.

jbrooksgiu
06-03-2004, 06:54 PM
I have a tennis tutor plus 2 and have the pro trainer balls that you can get from *********. They have a funny sound when you hit them and they feel a bit heavy but other than that they are ok. If you hit the ball off of the sweet spot you will feel the difference which I like. I have not tried other pressureless balls.

gmlasam
06-04-2004, 05:51 AM
Thanks for that info!! I just oredered the pro trainer combo, solid and multi colors.

djbrown
06-04-2004, 07:51 AM
I used the pro trainers in my TennisTutor 4Plus for about 18 months. They hit fine, basically until the felt came off. Would use them a few hours a week. Replaced recently with the slighty more expensive Tretorn Micro-X.

gmlasam
06-04-2004, 07:13 PM
I used the pro trainers in my TennisTutor 4Plus for about 18 months. They hit fine, basically until the felt came off. Would use them a few hours a week. Replaced recently with the slighty more expensive Tretorn Micro-X. How does the Tretorn Micro-X feel/play compared to the Pro Trainer balls? Is closer to an actual tennis ball, and does the felt last much longer?

djbrown
06-07-2004, 08:21 AM
How does the Tretorn Micro-X feel/play compared to the Pro Trainer balls? Is closer to an actual tennis ball, and does the felt last much longer?

The Tretorn Micro-X feels and plays a bit closer to any actual pressured tennis ball. They are actually certified for match play by some international tennis federation.

Can't comment on how long the felt will last, but I imagine they are just as durable as the Pro Trainers.

kreative
06-18-2004, 01:49 PM
tretorn micro x. pressureless, so they'll last till there's no fuzz left on them. they're a bit heavier than regular balls thou.