PDA

View Full Version : How does the Yonex SRD Tour 90 play/feel?

djones
01-03-2006, 08:01 AM
I have the Yonex RDX 500 mid, but I was so dissapointed in this frame.
This racquet was nothing from what I expected from it.
It flexes very weird and it felt way to mushy for me.
So how does the in the topic mentioned racquet compare to the Yonex RDX 500 mid?

Ripper
01-03-2006, 08:09 AM
I have the Yonex RDX 500 mid, but I was so dissapointed in this frame.
This racquet was nothing from what I expected from it.
It flexes very weird and it felt way to mushy for me.
So how does the in the topic mentioned racquet compare to the Yonex RDX 500 mid?

You should try different strings and/or settings before giving up on it; have you done this? Personally, I've never used the RDX 500 Mid, but I recently got a pair of MPs and, eventhough I can't deny liking them, there's something that's not quite right. So, I'm changing the strings and, hopefully, tune them to my total liking.

tandayu
01-03-2006, 04:37 PM
I tried all 3 versions of the RDX500 (mid, midplus, HD). The best comparison I can come up is that the RDX500 feels more muted, less flex, & less feel in comparison with SRD90.

I think you will find the SRD90 has more flavor in it.

Andy Hewitt
01-03-2006, 05:45 PM
SRD is slightly heavier with a bit more power and i seem to hit the frame alot less with it. I like it more and it cost me half what an rdx500 would've.

Roforot
01-03-2006, 07:27 PM
What dissappointed you about the 500?
You may have same disappointment w/ srd tour then.
SRD tour has good plough through feeling and requires full swings
that knock the cover off the ball. In comparison, the 500 is lighter power, more spin friendly as it is more flexible.

Ripper
01-04-2006, 06:16 AM
You should try different strings and/or settings before giving up on it; have you done this? Personally, I've never used the RDX 500 Mid, but I recently got a pair of MPs and, eventhough I can't deny liking them, there's something that's not quite right. So, I'm changing the strings and, hopefully, tune them to my total liking.

What dissappointed you about the 500?
You may have same disappointment w/ srd tour then.
SRD tour has good plough through feeling and requires full swings
that knock the cover off the ball. In comparison, the 500 is lighter power, more spin friendly as it is more flexible.

What dissapoints me is not the frame itself, but the mushy feeling of the 850 Spin strings. I'm not a multi string kind of guy, but ordered the raquets with these anyway, because of positive comments here. This string is supposed to be very crisp and I guess, for a multi, it is. However, apparently, not my cup of tea.

Edit: Not sure if you were talking to me, but there's the reply I'd given you, had you been asking me.