PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop 200G handle

atpat
01-03-2006, 09:41 AM
I just got a Dunlop HM 200g and felt that the handle/grip is a little too short for my 2 hand bh. Any suggestions on how to increase the grip length?

flashestennis08
01-03-2006, 09:50 AM
i sorta feel the same way about the grip on my 300g ive changed my grip alittle since i got the raquet to accomodate the grip size and have noticed my right wrist hurts somewhat consistantly now, i hope someone posts some good suggestions on here

Sixpointone
01-03-2006, 10:14 AM
If I am not mistaken there are two seperate handle issues being discussed here.

Atpat is discussing the length of the Handle and Flash is discussing the actually Grip size itself.

I'll quickly touch on both.

As far as length, you could perhaps trying regripping the Racquet and grip it as high as possible, up until the throat starts. If that is already the case you could always have the Racquet Professionally customized. However you'd want to keep in mind that that would alter the weight and balance.

As far as Grip size itself, you could have your Racquet Professionally customized to your size of preference. However I would not suggest that as a first option. Your likely best bet would be to try a Heat Shrink sleeve and go up either one size or a half size. Please keep in mind that it will slightly round out the shape of the handle, thus lessening the Bevel definition. A link to those are here...
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/searchresults.html?search=products&searchtext=heat+shrink

Hope that helps,
John

kreative
01-03-2006, 11:16 AM
grip the racquet a little lower w/ your bottom hand to give your top hand a little more room, or wrap your grip higher so that you can grip your top hand closer to the throat.

Sweden
01-03-2006, 12:12 PM
Put your hands together in you 2hb. That makes your backhand more stable!:D
When I don't hit nice backhands it depens on the fact that my hands are slipping away from each other.

flashestennis08
01-04-2006, 09:46 AM
nah im talkin but the length of the grip, sry i didnt state it more clearly, the short handle causes me to "scrunch" (for lack of a better term) my hand together which i guess in turn is givin me wrist problems in my right wrist