PDA

View Full Version : Got my Gamma X-ST....quick review inside:

Matt H.
06-03-2004, 09:39 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid120/p6d8c1e5689fdbf97d4f8255b23aaf8e1/f8695214.jpg

The packaging was very good, and the instructions were easy to understand. Took maybe 10 minutes to set-up. The clamps are VERY nice. The whole set-up is nice. The package said it weighed 25.2 Kg, not sure what that is, but i'd say 50 lbs max.

I've already strung 2 racquets, and it was really simple. Takes a few minutes longer than an electric machine, but i've got a WISE head on order, so i can live with it for a few weeks. Anyways, frame support was good, i borrowed my friends calibrator and it was spot on in the low range, and a half pound tight at around 65....perfect for me.

Overall, i'm really pleased with this purchase. It's only day 1, but hopefully it'll stay that way.

drop shot
06-03-2004, 10:17 PM
What type of clamps did it come with? The super fast action clamps or the standard quick clamps?

Redferrari350
06-03-2004, 10:52 PM
:D show off...

Matt H.
06-03-2004, 10:56 PM
What type of clamps did it come with? The super fast action clamps or the standard quick clamps?

hmm, i don't know what those 2 are. the clamps are metal, and it's very easy to clamp the string, and only takes like half a turn to lock them to the turn table. :?

drop shot
06-05-2004, 10:50 PM
Gaines gave me some really good tips about cleaning your machine. Use alcohol to clean the brake disk and go to a Hardware store and buy some silicon based lubricant in the spray can. It's usually about 2-4 bucks a can and somewhere down the line when it feels like your tensioner isn't rolling along the track as smoothly as it used to you should get get a toothbrush and clean the track to remove any debris from the teeth. Then use some alcohol to wsh it out let it dry well and then you can spray some of the silicon lubricant on the track. Make sure that you dont get the spray on anything else like your braking mechanism.

Gaines Hillix
06-06-2004, 07:25 AM
Matt, nice looking machine. Question for you. How are the tall posts that attach to the turntable and frame mount made? In the pictures it doesn't look like a solid, cast piece?

Matt H.
06-06-2004, 09:39 AM
Matt, nice looking machine. Question for you. How are the tall posts that attach to the turntable and frame mount made? In the pictures it doesn't look like a solid, cast piece?

that's funny, cuz i had noticed that yesterday. Yeah, they're not as "beefy" as i would like them to be. That's the one thing i'm gonna have to watch for as time goes by. They look like they're gonna snap in half, but so far they're pretty sturdy.