PDA

View Full Version : Racquet Suggestions?

The YoYo Freak
06-03-2004, 09:15 PM
Hello,

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the 'Instruction' forum, but here's my question. I am looking for a new racquet to get as I have improved enough to where my game improvement racquet is becoming a little too powerful for my fuller and faster swing.

I am a 4.0, generally play the baseline but come up to the net sometimes, I am looking for something a little heftier and head light after playing with a friend's racquet. A little denser string pattern wouldn't be bad either. I was thinking about a Kinetic 7G, Volkl V-Engine Tour 9, and the Prince Tour Diabolo MP. I would prefer to spend no more than $150, but if the need arises, I would be willing to go higher.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Jared

a verrry large duck
06-03-2004, 09:28 PM
You're in the perfect place. So what was your friends racket that initially whetted your appetite?

Steve H.
06-04-2004, 04:25 AM
You have a lot of choices, all of those are good frames but there are many others. Until you have an idea of the weight, length, headsize, and stiffness that suit you best, it's hard to make a specific recommendation, so maybe the best thing would be to try a bunch of different racquets before settling on one.

If you are willing to buy last year's model or something used, you don't need to spend anywhere near $150. TW has the Prince Warrior on closeout for $75 right now, a perfectly fine middleweight frame. Or if you like to experiment you can check the classifieds here or **** where equipment freaks are unloading last month's experiments, maybe pick up a Head TiRadical midplus or oversize for under $40, or a non-Vengine Volkl. Lots of possibilities, it just depends how involved you want to get.

The YoYo Freak
06-04-2004, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the tips. My friend's racquet was an older Wilson ProStaff, not quite sure of the exact model, all I know is that it was definitely heavier and considerably head light. The smaller head size appealed to me as well.

I'm about to go demo a few racquets, but I was just seeing if there were any other suggestions as far as racquets go that I could demo at TW. I'll look into that Prince Warrior as well.

Jared