PDA

View Full Version : How about a 17-18 or 17-19 string pattern!?

djones
01-03-2006, 11:25 PM
I have once found, I believe a 17-19 string pattern in a Yonex with TW's racquet finder.
But why don't companies make racquets with 17 mains?

It would be a nice compromise to make a 17-19 Head Prestige, instead of the 16-19 ('because it won't be a Prestige anymore', is what people say) or 18-20 which lacks spin potential according to many.

Deuce
01-03-2006, 11:54 PM
Indeed, a racquet with an odd number of mains would be interesting.

Of course, the head would have to be asymmetrical in order to support the lop-sided tension...

jonolau
01-04-2006, 12:06 AM
Wouldn't that screw up the centre spot? I can imagine that instead of having a hole bang in the centre, there is a string cross.

Perhaps someone more technical can take this further on the consequences ...

uk_skippy
01-04-2006, 12:38 AM
Dunlop and Slazenger once made a rqt with 17m x 19x. Basically there was a centre main. The frame was mounte in such a way that the throat support post was one side of this centre main and the head support post was at the other side. The rqt would therefore be slightly off-centre. The head shape was still round. They also had the fun of having the staggered stringing method (as also seen in Prince Vortex & Mizuno rqts).

The Dunlop rqt was called Revelation, and the Slaz was Mystique XTC.

Other than these 2 rqts Idon't know of any other companies that have produced rqts with an odd nuber of mains.

Regards

Paul

Punisha
01-04-2006, 12:51 AM
wouldnt that be wierd to string too?

Return_Ace
01-04-2006, 07:16 AM
also, you wouldn't be able to fit those dampners that fit over two strings exactly in the centre....