PDA

View Full Version : i.prestige/lm prestige-follow up

nick_wv
06-03-2004, 10:36 PM
after playing four sets against two different style opponents:
i.prestige- better lenght, consistency, power, precision, more points won, "input=output", heavy but predictable.
lm.prestige- less sharp, less of that linear response of the i.prestige, 15grams lighter more manoeuvrable, better volley.
conclusion:
for my standards, switching would mean at least a period of two months for adjusting to the totally different frame that is the lm.
i'll play my tournaments with the i.prestige
:idea:

mary fierce
06-04-2004, 06:58 AM
If you believe a two month period is required to acclimate to the new racquet, aren't you invalidating your own findings, since you assessed the LM without the two month period of acclimation. Obviously, you will favor the racquet you're familiar with. Play with the LM for two months and get back to us.

nick_wv
06-04-2004, 07:52 PM
mary fierce,
you may be right, i might have favoured the i.prestige.
sorry about that.

strife726
06-04-2004, 08:32 PM
I believe the extra power of the I pres comes from it being a stiffer frame. The LM pres is a very flexible frame...seems more flexible then a flex rating of 63...Anyone else think so too?

cuk
06-05-2004, 06:13 AM
I came to the same conclusion... very nice on the backhand, volley and overhead smash... but on forehand ( compared to i.prestige )
it is completely different story which I don't like.

The difference between these two racquets on the forehad is more than noticable. Hitting with i.prestige gives you solid feel and firm and accurate strokes, but forehand on the LM is completely
different. More vibration, more flex, lower sweet spot... even when
you pick up the ball from the ground you notice the difference.

I bought because I wanted to try it and because Head successfully
prolonged introduction to the market... I thought that it would be worth a try, but now... I'll wait for a few more days and decide what to do...

cuk

Tomek
06-05-2004, 08:23 AM
cuk, maybe add some lead tape at 3 and 9 o'clock...

rooski
06-05-2004, 09:20 AM
I believe the extra power of the I pres comes from it being a stiffer frame. The LM pres is a very flexible frame...seems more flexible then a flex rating of 63...Anyone else think so too?

I agree. My LM Pres MP feels like its a 59 flex racket. Shots hit a little high in the LM Pres MP stringbed make the frame feel like rubber. I also think the i Prestige is also a bit more powerful than the LM version.

cuk
06-05-2004, 11:22 AM
cuk, maybe add some lead tape at 3 and 9 o'clock...

hmm... i'll try...

today i have played for two hours more... definitively it is more manuverable on the forehand side ( when you run down and try to catch difficult and very hard to reach shots ) but of course you lack the power on them...

regarding the serve... i've been always using the racquets which were very precise with the serve placement... i need more time to adapt to the LM...

the thing I like is the overhead smash when you run towards the net and jump for the smash ( like Pete :)) ) with i.prestige that was much harder to hit then with the LM.

All together, the story so far is like this... I need to generate more power on the forehand and on the serve, to obtain the level and speed of the shots of the i.prestige...

cuk