PDA

View Full Version : Racquet choice: Head or Dunlop?!

Nate8833
01-04-2006, 06:48 AM
[/URL]

[URL="http://www.********sports.com/cgi-bin/product?product=100900&group=null&selection=menu&id=null&manufact=null&&"] (http://www.********sports.com/cgi-bin/product?product=100473&group=null&selection=menu&id=null&manufact=null&&)

Hello,

I'm looking for a new racquet and I haven't bought anything new for years. I definitely want an "old school" racquet...I don't want anything light or overly powerful. My swing is probably overly aggressive anyway. Does anyone recommend either of the two above, or have another choice? I just want something that is head light or balanced, and heavier than the average racquet. Thanks!

Hmmm..can't post the link. It's a choice between the Dunlop M-Fil 200 or the Head I. Radical Oversize.

panic
01-04-2006, 06:58 AM
Those two are totally diffrent racquets. The Dunlop is 95sqin, high SW (337), heavy racquet. The intelligence Radical on the other hand is 107sq in, low SW (302), quite light. Which one to choose depends on your game. Maybe you could describe more, what's your game like ? Generally M-Fil 200 is more advanced players racquet - more control, less power, smaller sweet spot and Radical is more powerful and way bigger sweet spot.

Marius_Hancu
01-04-2006, 07:09 AM
FWIW, check my posting here:

Best arm friendly racquets?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=77937

Also, check:
Sticky: Comparative Reviews (top of this forum)
exp the Racquet Industry data (posted by me there)
good power figures there

Nate8833
01-04-2006, 07:11 AM
Thanks for getting back to me. The Head racquet would be somewhat of a departure for me, but I was intrigued by the fact that it was still relatively heavy and head light for an oversize. I like the midplus, too.

I like the solid feel of the "old school" racquets. I'm not sold on the extra reach some of the racquets provide, but I could use it since I'm a short player at 5'8". Both my backhand and forehand are long strokes, and I like to play the net. I was originally intrigued by the Dunlop Maxply McEnroe.

Marius_Hancu
01-04-2006, 07:13 AM
Perhaps Dunlop M-fil 300 would be closer to the Head you mention. A great racquet, reasonable power. A bit edgy outside the sweetspot, but you should demo it.

Nate8833
01-04-2006, 07:40 AM
Has anyone had luck with the Prince More Control series?

SteveI
01-04-2006, 08:23 AM
Has anyone had luck with the Prince More Control series?

Hi,

I had an O/S for a while. Not a bad frame.. seemed to be very string sensitive. I found that it was more of a power than a "control" frame. Very easy swinging frame. Low swingweight and quite easy on the arm. Could move it around well off the ground, at net and when serving. I liked the frame.. but I did not feel like it was really a control frame. Think there were also reports of the More Control breaking more often than normal. Played close to the Ti.Rad O/S.. of course IMHO.

Regards,
Steve

oscar_2424
01-04-2006, 08:27 AM
[ It's a choice between the Dunlop M-Fil 200 or the Head I. Radical Oversize.[/QUOTE]

why dou you want an oversize frame if you are looking for less power?

jck01
01-04-2006, 08:38 AM
. . . . . Sorry. A mistake

Nate8833
01-04-2006, 08:41 AM
[ It's a choice between the Dunlop M-Fil 200 or the Head I. Radical Oversize.

why dou you want an oversize frame if you are looking for less power?[/QUOTE]

I probably would get the midsize racquet.

jck01
01-04-2006, 08:43 AM
It's a choice between the Dunlop M-Fil 200 or the Head I. Radical Oversize.
If it's between Dulop M-Fil 200 or Head i.Radical OS, I'd go with the Dunlop although my preference is racquets made by Head. Dunlop is heavier and should be better at the net (stability-wise) than the i.Radical OS (or the MP). I like going to the net also and found heavier racquets more suitable for me.

string70
01-04-2006, 09:18 AM
Wrong place

frekcles
01-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Sorry too.....

Nate8833
01-04-2006, 12:38 PM
I actually just went out and bought the Head Intelligence Radical OS. If anyone has this racquet...what are your impressions? All of the customer feedback seemed good. I went to Sports Authority to check out the racquets, and when I saw the Head for $60 I figured I'd just pick it up for that price.