PDA

View Full Version : Liquidmetal vs. Intelligence

Davai
01-04-2006, 10:55 AM
Now that this time of year is coming when new technologies are coming out and prices go dirt low, I have a question that has been running in mind for quite a time now. The new FP prestige is about to come out so the LM prestige is to be discounted, finally.
My dillema, and uncertainty, is whether the LM technology really works in the claim that it expands the sweetspot, in comparison with the Intelligence version. Can anyone compare the two versions of the prestige mid and make a definitve answer, or at least a hypothesis (an educated guess) as to the following. I'm looking for the prestige mid that is harder to swing, not necessarily the sw, (less power - more control) and has the smaller sweetspot of the two, yes the smaller of the two. If anyone wishs to bring in any other version to compare it with that would also be appreciated

Davai
01-06-2006, 11:17 PM
I can't believe nobody can compare the two. Granted I have used the LM prestige mid but I haven't tried the I.prestige mid. Ok never mind, can anyone compare the I.prestige to any other racket of the same range or somewhere in there. The thing is I'm completely clueless on how the I.prestige plays. Thanks

Deuce
01-06-2006, 11:42 PM
The iPrestige Mid feel upon impact is quite reminiscent of the Pro Staff 6.0 85. The main difference between the two racquets is the string pattern.

I consider the iPrestige Mid to be somewhat of a more comfortable, more forgiving version of the PS 85.

As for "which technology is best?" - come on... you're not really that gullible, are you?

Davai
01-06-2006, 11:52 PM
The iPrestige Mid feel upon impact is quite reminiscent of the Pro Staff 6.0 85. The main difference between the two racquets is the string pattern.

I consider the iPrestige Mid to be somewhat of a more comfortable, more forgiving version of the PS 85.

As for "which technology is best?" - come on... you're not really that gullible, are you?

Thanks, finally a response that offers an insight. I wasn't asking which technology is the best just which version requires more effort. It's kind of tricky to put into words so here is the: I want a racket that has a small sweetspot becasue it greatly helps your game and the racekt that requires more concentration so more reward. If something is unclear just ask me, maybe I just confused everyone.

Deuce
01-07-2006, 12:00 AM
If you're seeking a racquet with a small sweet spot, standard size racquets can be found - in wood, metal, or graphite /composite. If you want a small sweet spot with a beautifully comfortable feel, find yourself a Head XRC (standard size, circa 1980).

Other than that, the most challenging semi-current racquet with the smallest sweet spot would be the PS 85.

Michael82
01-07-2006, 02:43 AM
A lot of people would tell you that I.prestige is the best prestige ever made for non pros. Great control, yet enough pace. The stick stiffens during impact. Somehow I could feel it as advertised by HEAD. IMO it is also the most muted prestige. But be aware that there are several versions as the PC600 do. The best ones have serial numbers start with 63-65 on butt caps.

amcgula
01-08-2006, 06:25 PM
I've played with both racquets and in my opinion:
the i prestige has a more solid dampened feel- teh LM is softer and more classic
The LM has more power and the sweetspot really feels bigger, but it's more sweet on te i prestige
I find the LM to be more spin friendly, more powerful and overall less demanding, but the feeling of a great shot with the i prestige is an orgasm.
The only issue in wich I find the LM better is sreving, and the intelligence is far better for angle volleys and drop shots.

Ronaldo
01-08-2006, 06:33 PM
LM Prestige is as sweet as a wet dream but agree with amcgula, i.prestige mid really is orgasmic. Prefer it overall.

jackson vile
01-08-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm sitting here with my LMP and I'm getting sweaty hands and feel tingly all over:shock: