PDA

View Full Version : Chang Raquets; MP or OS?

Ripper
01-04-2006, 01:09 PM
Which one is/was, generally, prefered? Why? I think Chang himself used the OS, am I right?

VGP
01-04-2006, 01:26 PM
OS (ten char)

Ripper
01-05-2006, 09:23 AM
Do these raquets suck? Nobody seems to care, know or post much about them.

kreative
01-05-2006, 09:36 AM
chang himself did use the os. i liked the mp better than the os, and find there's about a 50/50 split between the 2. nice playing racquet, just too long for me

BHud
01-05-2006, 09:43 AM
OS graphite...not the titanium version though.

Ripper
01-05-2006, 09:56 AM
OS graphite...not the titanium version though.

I've heard/read this before; so, what's wrong with the titaniums?

DANMAN
01-05-2006, 10:01 AM
I really like the titaniums. It's just a matter of personal preference.

Ronaldo
01-05-2006, 10:34 AM
www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/MCTI/MCTIReview.html

Ripper
01-06-2006, 08:35 AM

Thanks. Btw, How/where can I find old reviews, like this?

kreative
01-06-2006, 11:48 AM
I've heard/read this before; so, what's wrong with the titaniums?

the ti os was a beast of a frame to swing. swingweight was around 360+ or something like that.

SteveI
01-06-2006, 11:51 AM

Those are some massive SWs.. 360 and 355 for a frame that was 11.3 or so.
Yes.. and too long for me also.

Regards,
Steve

Ripper
01-06-2006, 12:01 PM
Those are some massive SWs.. 360 and 355 for a frame that was 11.3 or so.

Ditto.

killer
01-06-2006, 01:11 PM
As it so happens, I just had to use the Chang Extender OS on Wed night for dubs. I only had 2 hours with it, so take what i say with a grain of salt:

I normally use a 92 or 95 sq" racquet, and to begin with found the transition to a 110" frame a little unnerving. I felt like I had a frying pan instead of a racquet. Once i got over this initial perception, however, I was rather pleased with the way the racquet played. It had a good, solid weight to it, but not so heavy that it felt unwieldly. It felt a little bit head-light, which certainly contributed to its (relative) maneuverability for volleys.

Groudstrokes: good-sized sweetspot contributed to a solid feel off the ground, particularly on returns. Excellent for my slice backhand; i was hitting slice returns exceptionally well with good control. Not an extremely powerful racquet, but i could certainly get some zip on the ball when i needed to. I didn't find this racquet particularly effective at providing topspin, however; this could have been due to my unfamiliarity with the OS headsize though...

Volleys: for an OS, surprisingly maneuverable. Good amount of control, though i did find that i had to really ensure that i was hitting the centre of the frame to get the best placement...

Serve: This was the one area that i really found the racquet lacking. Not much pop at all on the serve, and i found it more difficult to place serves effectively as well.

Given that I use a smaller headsize normally, I was pleasantly surprised with the racquet, though i certainly wouldn't rush out to buy one. perhaps the MP is a little better...hope this helps. Cheers!