PDA

View Full Version : Head Ti Fire

Richard Pur
06-04-2004, 04:20 AM
I've been demoing racquets like the Tour 90, Prince NXG, Slazenger Pro Braided, Pro X1 (and other player's racquets) and I was ribbing this young kid (a pretty good ball striker) about playing with a "game improvement racquet" (Ti Fire and I don't what classification of racquets it fits into), then I tried it later, and it actually felt pretty good to me. I realize it's been discontinued and I can't find all the usual specs on it. I need to know head size, string pattern, stiffness, weight, balance point, beam width,etc.

I've been looking for a new/replacement racquet, but if this thing is in a totally different category than the player's racquets I've been looking at, I'm afraid that I will be sucked into demo oblivion with many other models I never even considered. Someone also told me that there is a Pro or Tour model of the Ti Fire. What are the specs for that?

Or what current racquet might be equivalent to the Ti Fire?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rich

alexboo12
06-04-2004, 05:51 AM
Umm.. just my 2cents. I was coming from Ti. Heat. Love the racquet and was playing with it for almost 4yrs. Problem occured when i wanted to change to a new racquet since the heat was completly disco. I got used to a very light racquet and took me a long while till i found something which i was comfortable with. I moved up to volkl tour 9 which is pretty nice but still quite light. Sum it up, i reckon that trying to stay with the 11.3-12.3 range might be better for you in the long run. Easier to find a new racquet and better for your swing too. I am now moving up to LM prestige. Also, i did try the LM rad too and i think it was pretty close to the Ti. heat. Anyway, good luck and happy hunting.
Cheers,
A.P

Giant
06-04-2004, 09:46 PM
I found this - it appears to be the original original Ti.Fire(IIRC there was a longer version of it, a CZ version etc).

Head size: 102 sq. in. / 658 sq. cm. Balance: 7 pts Head Heavy
Length: 27 inches / 69 cm Swingweight: 311
Weight: 9.7oz / 275g Stiffness: 64 (0-100)
Power Level: Low Construction: 24mm Straight Beam
Swing Speed: Moderate-Fast String Pattern: 18 Mains / 19 Crosses
Composition: Graphite / Titanium Composite

BreakPoint
06-04-2004, 11:45 PM
Do you know if the Ti Fire that you tried was the Ti Fire Oversize (102 sq. in.), the Ti Fire Tour Edition (98 sq. in., 27.5 in. length), or the Ti Fire Pro Edition (12.0 + oz.)? They are very different racquets. I used the Tour Edition for a couple of years and loved it until I developed tennis elbow. I now use the PS 6.0 95 which is quite a bit heavier but haven't had any elbow problems since. I think you can classify the Ti Fire Tour Edition as a lightweight player's racquet - sort of in the Dunlop 300G category.