PDA

View Full Version : possible racket problem?

sharpy
01-04-2006, 02:45 PM
hi,

Recently, my n6 wilson tennis racket seems to have a odd sound on contact of the ball. its almost like it sounds like there's rocks inside the racket face, or some similar noise on contact...note the racket has been exposed to rain, what could the problem be? or is the funny sound normal? And no its not the sound of the topspin...is it something to do with loose graphite or something?

Aeropro joe
01-04-2006, 03:01 PM
drill flash... have ur stringer remove it next time u get ur racket restrung

EclipseRydr97
02-25-2006, 07:56 PM
yeah I have the same problem, except I'm the stringer...and what exaclty is drill flash? I used to be able to remove it thru my older butt caps, but the new rackets, there's no loose buttcap to remove...it's just a little jam in there...

please email me if you can help me or provide me with more info...

eclipserydr@yahoo.com

thank you

vinnier6
02-26-2006, 08:08 AM
you should have a trap door on your buttcap to remove and shake the crap out...

EclipseRydr97
02-26-2006, 08:36 AM
Hi,

the newer pro staffs don't have trap doors, i'll attach a pic...

http://i1.tinypic.com/okv61u.jpg

PBODY99
02-26-2006, 08:49 AM
Get a replacement bumper kit, just in case.
See if you can get the rattle into the tip fo the frame. If the loose bits won't flow to the tip you will need to go in from the bottom, only after you weight and record the balance of the frame if you don't do this routinely.
If you don't want to dig out the material in the handle & screw up the balance, you will have to try shaking out the loose bodies by removing the the string strip. Once it is removed try a damp Q_tip to catch fine bits of frame material.
Good luck.:cool: