PDA

View Full Version : Are you satisfied with the racquet(s) you have?

djones
01-05-2006, 12:34 AM
Are you satisfied with the racquet(s) you have?
Or are you still looking for something suits you better?

CollegeBound
01-05-2006, 03:09 AM
Im not really satisfied with my current racquet (a T10 v-engine mp Ive been trying to use over 7 months but just cant mesh with) but I dont think desparetely searching is the right way to put it. I've got my eyes open and am trying out a few different sticks but im not so desperate im willing to take just anything :)

oscar_2424
01-05-2006, 06:04 AM
iam please with my PD but wouldnt mind testing other racquets

Sixpointone
01-05-2006, 06:43 AM
To say that I am satisfied with my Tennis Racquet would be an understatement. I've been using it since 1996 and have no plans of changing from it.

vin
01-05-2006, 09:26 AM
I'm very happy with my Volkl Tour 10 Gen 2. Unless my game evolves to the point where something different would suit me better, I don't have one single reason to want anything different. :)

CollegeBound, what kind of trouble to you have with the T10 VE MP? I had some trouble with it too and am just curious.

DRtenniS1112
01-05-2006, 09:50 AM
I will probably use my Aeropro Drive Plus' for life. I absolutely love these things.

meh
01-05-2006, 10:00 AM
I use the 6.1, but I've hit with the PS Rok mid about 4 times and each time, it was like a dream. Too bad I don't have the money/parents/place to get more, other than the large auction site. And it's hard to find L2 grips -___-

Ripper
01-05-2006, 10:02 AM
I was, FINALLY, happy with my O3 Tours in all regards, until I learnt about the stringing problems. My stringer's machine doesn't have a brake and his "boomerang tool" seems to be too big (apparently, there's a smaller one, specially made for the Tour, but haven't been able to confirm this). Not prepared to change my stringer just yet, so I have to accept or deal with lower tensioned cross strings... darn :mad:

Kaptain Karl
01-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Interesting poll for TW. Seems to me there are LOTS of people here who are in a constant state of dissatisfaction with their rackets.

- KK

jck01
01-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Are you satisfied with the racquet(s) you have?
Or are you still looking for something suits you better?
No, I'm not satisfied with my racquet. I'm still trying to find that one perfect racquet. It doesn't seem like I'm getting any closer to finding it. I'll try another 5 or so racquets this year and see if any of them suits me better than my current sticks. :-)

badmice2
01-05-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm always willing to test/demo newer rackets; but my sticks 200 HM have remain my primary weapon of choice.

The_Dark_Knight
01-05-2006, 01:57 PM
I'm using big banger right now on my 03 Tour, but it's a little to "poppy" feeling. I am looking for a lower powered, smaller head, and heavier racquet; I need to order some demos..........

AJK1
01-05-2006, 02:45 PM
My Yonex RD Ti 50's are what i always wanted, but i wish they had a little more free power, i feel like i have to use every ounce of strength each time i play! Gonna experiment with lead tape in the next few days.

Rumjungle
01-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Interesting poll for TW. Seems to me there are LOTS of people here who are in a constant state of dissatisfaction with their rackets.

- KK
KK's nailed it...these boards are rife with people who like to habitually tinker with, demo, or buy racquets.

I, for one, fall into this category. I've only recently rediscovered tennis and have come to find out that the internet has opened up a new dimension for this sport. Back when I played many years ago, we didn't know jack about the specific properties of racquets. We went off the recommendations of others and stuck with whatever it was until it broke. Back then, if you asked me about my racquet, I would have said it's a Prince and it feels good and is easy to swing. As for mods, I would have told you I put a grip on it. But now, my eyes have been opened. Swingweight, static weight, stiffness, string pattern, length, balance...I'm literally bombarded with details. And dont' EVEN get me started on mods.:D As a result, it's taking me quite some to just figure out what suits me as I've never really thought about it. The funny thing is, despite all the sexy new shapes, sizes, colors, and technology that today's racquets possess, it appears I'm slowly making my way back to the racquets that I played with 15 years ago.:p

Rickson
01-05-2006, 04:42 PM
I just hung up my PD plus because it was giving me shoulder problems. I went back to the LM prestige MP that Twistserve sent me last summer and it feels better on the joints, but it's less powerful than the Bab. Bab PD plus is a good part time stick, but if you use it all the time, you'll probably get some joint problems too.

AngeloDS
01-05-2006, 06:36 PM
I'm satisfied with the Babolat PD+'s I have but I've played with better and other racquets heh. Although, a lot of them were discontinued. I really liked the feel of my coaches PS6.0 90, it was completely balanced and felt good for volleys but it felt a bit too light and couldn't do much with the backhand.

I also liked this one Wilson racquet my Varsity coach had. I can't find them anywhere :s. Oh well.

mutt
01-05-2006, 06:58 PM
I want to change my Head iRadical OS for a smaller head size and a more open stringing pattern.

louis netman
01-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Wishing the slaz X-1 came in 98".....

Alafter
01-05-2006, 08:06 PM
I would say that finding the right racquet is hard, because the right string is prob needed too. So it's not just one but 2 factors now. I think people who found the right combo are just plain lucky.

thetenniskid07
01-05-2006, 08:13 PM
I am happy with my Diablo's but might give either the m speed, LM prestige or FPRT a try!

CollegeBound
01-05-2006, 08:17 PM
CollegeBound, what kind of trouble to you have with the T10 VE MP? I had some trouble with it too and am just curious.

Vin, I think its fair to say that even after so many months ( i play 2-3 times a week) i just cant find the groove on any of my shots except the volley and slice backhand. as much as i tinker with the grip shape i cant get it right (i followed a thread on the board but no real success) and its like ive lost my flat and topspin backhands with only the slice remaining (i keep feeling that im being pushed to a continental). theres a couple of other things but thats the main stuff.
Its a really nice racquet but just not the right one for me.

AndrewD
01-05-2006, 08:19 PM
wrong post, sorry

KickServer
01-06-2006, 12:02 AM
Wishing the slaz X-1 came in 98".....

Me too. The reason why my slaz is a back-up to my Ti-80 is probably because it's 98".

misterg
01-06-2006, 08:51 AM
I'm alwas searching for something "more" in my racquet, more spinn, more power, more touch, more confort... My next one will have it all:D

ChipNCharge
01-06-2006, 08:57 AM
I was playing with a certain racquet for several years just fine, but for some reason last year I decided to try something else. A mistake! I haven't been able to settle on anything since then. I've tried going back to my original stick and now that doesn't feel right either!

Chip

djones
01-06-2006, 09:00 AM
I have always been very happy with my Head I Radicals, thinking Agassi used them as well:-)
Untill I found this damn forum!
No I got the feeling like I will never ever find the racquet that suits me the best, although I'm pretty happy with my Head Classic mid:-)

Rumjungle
01-06-2006, 09:03 AM
I'm alwas searching for something "more" in my racquet, more spinn, more power, more touch, more confort... My next one will have it all:D

LOL, that's the spirit!;) In fact, that's probably what keeps TW in business.

JustLikeRoger
01-06-2006, 09:37 AM
everything about my babolat pure drive is cool. love the headweight and racquet speed. I personally like to volley with it as well. I dont like my ncode n6.1 though. its not my style. does anybody want it?

goosala
01-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Heck yes. My Pro Staff 6.0 85's are the frames I will use for a long time. I tried almost everything player's frame possible but it is the only frame that gives me the control I need.

mctennis
01-06-2006, 08:42 PM
I've fine tuned my C10 PT's so I'm not looking for anything else. I've tried demoing over 100+ racquets before I found these. I'm not interested in doing that again.

arky-tennis
01-06-2006, 08:45 PM
I am filing for divorce from my maxplys.

elbuzzard_lives
01-06-2006, 09:41 PM
I am filing for divorce from my maxplys.

LOL....hope you singed a pre-nup.

my MW200G's will be in my bag till they break.

PM_
01-06-2006, 09:45 PM

Journeyman
01-07-2006, 12:11 AM
Although I have some issues with my babolat PD it's good enough and it's looks can't be beat, most other racquets are kind of ugly.

exhaleexplode
01-07-2006, 09:32 AM
My Diablo is fine! Im the problem! My technique is not consistent enough. And Im not in good enough shape. The racquet ie rarely the limiting factor. I do like playing with the string a bit though. Just put timo in the mains and bde perf in the crosses. Feels sweet.

controlled_aggression
01-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Yes, I'm completely satisfied.

jck01
01-08-2006, 07:33 PM
I've fine tuned my C10 PT's so I'm not looking for anything else. I've tried demoing over 100+ racquets before I found these. I'm not interested in doing that again.
Mctennis, if you don't mind me asking, how did you configure your C10 PT's? I'm having trouble with generating power during serves with the C10 PT's, even though everything else is near-perfect (groudstrokes / volleys). I currently have lead tapes on 3, 9, and 12 o'clock positions.

kabob
01-08-2006, 11:30 PM
I love my ncode and PS Tour 90s but I've got to find some string that offers more control. My shots have been flying on me as of late. I think I need to go from 17 to 16 gauge string or something.

Lambsscroll
01-09-2006, 03:20 AM
It took me 10 years to figure out that I need a stiffness of 60 or lower to be satisfied. For years I played with stiffer racquets because some of the pros I liked used them.

tonysk83
01-09-2006, 05:47 PM
Using the PD+ right now and love it. My ground strokes are amazing and my serve is the best it has ever been. I am always willing to try something new if it is a better racquet.

AJK1
01-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Just to add to my previous post, i just put lead tape on my Yonex RD Ti 50's, at a little higher than 3 and 9 o'clock and it has improved them no-end. I have more power and control, no dead spots or frame twists, and the racquets feel superbly balanced. They probably weigh 13 oz now. Awesome. I'm so glad i did the mods and didn't sell them. The best A$12.00 i've ever spent.

Kaptain Karl
01-10-2006, 05:01 AM
Just to add to my previous post, i just put lead tape on my Yonex RD Ti 50's, at a little higher than 3 and 9 o'clock and it has improved them no-end. I have more power and control, no dead spots or frame twists, and the racquets feel superbly balanced. They probably weigh 13 oz now. Awesome. I'm so glad i did the mods and didn't sell them. The best A$12.00 i've ever spent.I had a similar experience with my YY's. (I've learned I prefer more of an even balance, and -- just as 30 years ago -- still like my sticks about 12oz / 340.19g.) I have 14.5" of lead -- in two layers -- on the throat of the hoop and 8" centered on about 10 and 2 on the hoop.

(I must be a slow learner. I probably could have used lead to make my previous rackets suitable. I just wasn't aware of how easy it was....)

- KK