PDA

View Full Version : Jenro Racquets

jonolau
01-05-2006, 04:56 AM
Has anyone demoed or tested their racquets before? I know that Steve Huff wanted to get hold of one ...

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d183/jonolau/animation_31.gif

http://www.jenrosport.com/shop/product.en.html?_o_id=product_000041

Wonder how it plays?

Deuce
01-06-2006, 12:17 AM
What happens if you lose the key?

Do they offer the alternative of combination locks?

proracketeer
01-06-2006, 12:35 AM
You could have diffrent materials/flexes in handle and head.

jonolau
01-06-2006, 01:05 AM
What happens if you lose the key?

Do they offer the alternative of combination locks?
Ha ha! Chastity belt not included ... you can probably try and call the locksmith.;)

I was looking at the website and they do sell spare keys.

jonolau
01-06-2006, 01:08 AM
You could have diffrent materials/flexes in handle and head.
You can also keep the same handle and replace different heads. Very interesting concept. But it makes me wonder what happens when the screw loosens up during a match ... I've actually seen golf club heads break off and fly on the greens ...

MackSamuelHustovisics
01-06-2006, 09:44 AM
2006 US Open It's the finals. Both players enter onto the courts. Federer unpacks his bag, takes out his racquet, and removes the plastic wrap.
The new up and coming star, endorsing Jenro, on the other bench does the same. His equipment bag is much smaller and convenient in handling. As he attaches his racquet together, he realizes that he doesn't have the key. He panicks, as he simply cannot play with his racquets. His coach saves the day, immediately calling the locksmith.

MackSamuelHustovisics
01-06-2006, 09:49 AM
I have seen those Jenroes several months ago. I wonder how stable they are. I am thinking, as more and more people try it out, the Jenroes may have a lot of bad reviews in the coming future, the same types as the Wilson Triad models. I'm assuming so because of the multi-segment design. Of course, I could be wrong. Maybe their engineers succeeded with the design (the Triad no feel design).

MackSamuelHustovisics
01-06-2006, 01:30 PM
Ha ha! Chastity belt not included ... you can probably try and call the locksmith.;)

I was looking at the website and they do sell spare keys.
geezzz...Got ahead of myself and missed your post apparently...hysterical

jonolau
01-06-2006, 04:14 PM
2006 US Open It's the finals. Both players enter onto the courts. Federer unpacks his bag, takes out his racquet, and removes the plastic wrap.
The new up and coming star, endorsing Jenro, on the other bench does the same. His equipment bag is much smaller and convenient in handling. As he attaches his racquet together, he realizes that he doesn't have the key. He panicks, as he simply cannot play with his racquets. His coach saves the day, immediately calling the locksmith.
Absolutely brilliant! Gave me a good laugh when I woke up this morning ... better than the morning cuppa!

hummer23
01-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Ive never seen a frame liek this. has anyone used it? its seems like a joke, but i wonder how it plays . . .

backhand_finish
01-06-2006, 05:18 PM
wimbeldon: he stretches for that volley and produces an excellent drop shot from one sideline To another! what's this happening to the racket? it's in.. two and flew all over to the other side. now that's really extended ;)

Steve Huff
01-06-2006, 09:05 PM
I tried emailing them and it got sent back saying the server had rejected their address. I tried calling them before and it never went through.

jonolau
01-07-2006, 12:02 AM
I tried emailing them and it got sent back saying the server had rejected their address. I tried calling them before and it never went through.
Hmm ... maybe nobody's in the office because someone lost the key ...

Vantage231511
01-07-2006, 08:38 AM
I'm not sure they are still in business. The frames were made for Jenro by Bonny sport in taiwan. Bonny Sport used to sell them directly on their site.

The frames debuted about two or three years ago, and had a relatively high ranked South American player as an endorsee, but I can't remember which one right at this moment. The concept was one handle and several frames, so you could only carry the minimum and still have backup frames, different stringing configs, and not have to change a handle that your hand just loved.