PDA

View Full Version : Best tennis racquet for a good tennis club player (all court game).

francescomcenroe
01-05-2006, 05:07 AM
Hi everybody,

on your opinion which is the best tennis racquet for a good tennis club level player (tennis quality is increasing) with an all court game (i mean playing the field), willing a powerful serve, powerful, efficient and precise forehand and backhand and sometimes some net rushes for powerful and precise volleis? In practice a Federer game. I'd be grateful if you could give me some suggestions among Babolat, Head, Prince, Wilson and Yonex. Obviously if you think that other brands can fit better (e.g. Dunlop, Volkl,...) please, feel free of increase the list. My data: 30 years old, height 1.78; wheight 88 Kg (decreasing); it is not an issue if the racquet is heavy (right now i play with a Graphite Pro 600 and it is not a feather). Hope everyting is clear despite my poor english. Thank you very much for any suggestion.

jonolau
01-05-2006, 05:35 AM
The best way to find the most suitable racquet is to demo as many as possible. The Volkl C10 Pro is a very balanced all round racquet to start with.

Marius_Hancu
01-05-2006, 06:07 AM
FWIW, check my advice here:

Best arm friendly racquets?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=77937

tom-selleck
01-05-2006, 06:09 AM
marius, i don't want to start another thread. so i'll put it here.

what was the site you posted that had all the information on all the racquets on a few pages.... it was like an updated racquetresearch.com

would be very much appreciated if you could post it again.

thanks

Marius_Hancu
01-05-2006, 06:21 AM
what was the site you posted that had all the information on all the racquets on a few pages.... it was like an updated racquetresearch.com

in the Sticky: Comparative Reviews
it's there ....
Racquet Industry: Racquet Data 2004-2005

tom-selleck
01-05-2006, 06:25 AM
in the Sticky: Comparative Reviews
it's there ....
Racquet Industry: Racquet Data 2004-2005

thank you... if i ever come to montreal for tennis tournament, i'll owe you a beer... probably a few beers..

thanks again

frekcles
01-05-2006, 06:50 AM
The best racquet for you would be whatever racquet you play your best with. Honestly only you can determine that. You might get suggestions for different racquets but only you can truly know for sure. Demo lots of racquets to find out which one suits you the most. Hope that helps. Good luck.:)

JediMindTrick
01-05-2006, 07:26 AM
If you are not afraid of the weight than the Wilson nCode 95 is probably the best choice for you. If you want something lighter than that look at the Babolat Pure Drive and Wilson nCode Surge if you want more power, or Yonex RDX 500 MP and Prince O3 Tour if you want less power.

Ronaldo
01-05-2006, 07:42 AM
Why do you want to switch, Francesco?

panic
01-05-2006, 08:01 AM
I'm guessing he can't get another Graphite Pro 600. Some suggestions what to try: Völkl c10 pro, Wilson n6.1 95/Pro Staff 6.0 95, Head LM Prestige, Slazenger Pro X1, Prince o3 95? and Fischer Pro Number One

francescomcenroe
01-05-2006, 08:27 AM
Thank you very much for your suggestions!
I don't have a real reason to change: i just wanto to understand if there is a frame fitting better to me. I don't want to change only becasuse ma frame is old: i don't believe in this reason because a lot of pro players are still using old frames (paint with colors of the new ones, isn't it? It could be interesting to understand the reason why they don't change their racquets: any suggestions?). I think that is the player that makes the difference, not the frame (Feder with a wood frame would be unbeatable as well as with his Wilson racquet). I have a couple of Head Graphite Pro 600 (the one with increasing profile; a graphite and twaron frame, i don't think it's obsolete) i purchased when i was 15: i feel good with this frame but i want to understand if there is something better (fitting better to me). Thank you very much to everybody for your help. Bye.