PDA

View Full Version : How can you tell if frame is bent?

arnz
01-05-2006, 05:24 AM
Hi all,

I'm eyeballing this racquet that was my first stringing job (I cut out the strings coz I didnt like the way it was) But now the head seems a little off to me, like its not the same on both sides. One side seems more curved to me than the other. I tried measuring from the throat to various points on the top, so far it measures the same.

I just feel something wrong here, but I cant figure it out. Anyone can tell me a way to find out if the frame is bent or not?

Edit : the reason I'm asking is I may try to sell this racquet, but not if theres anything wrong with it

AndrewD
01-05-2006, 06:08 AM
I guess there's a few ways to do it but simplest would be to get a piece of paper and a pencil then trace away. If the racquet is deformed in any way it'll be pretty apparent when you've got the outline in front of you.

Still, if in doubt, cut out the strings. If it looks 'off' to you then it probably is.

Ripper
01-05-2006, 10:05 AM
...get a piece of paper and a pencil then trace away. If the racquet is deformed in any way it'll be pretty apparent when you've got the outline in front of you.

Exactly what I was going to say.

jck01
01-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Just a thought. Have you tried a laser level? I'm sure someone in your family has one, if not, it's not too expensive to buy. Good luck!