PDA

View Full Version : Any 49ers Fans?

CivicLx
01-05-2006, 08:20 AM
What the hell is wrong with them? My dad constantly complains about their cornerbacks and the fact that the new owner won't spend the money for talent...any other opinions on them?

theace21
01-05-2006, 09:29 AM
As a 49er fan, the list problems can be quite long. We have become spoiled by the past successes. Hopefully Alex Smith is the answer at QB, but so many other positions need upgrading. They are draft 6 or 7 this year, they need a couple of impact players. Spending some money on free agents would help...

emerckx53
01-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Rehire Bill Walsh......start over.

andfor
01-06-2006, 01:29 PM
When the niners are winning they had fans all over the place. They fall into the same catagory as the Cowboys and Steelers when they are winning. For some reason a lot of front running fan types love these teams. When they are losing the fickle fans go into hiding and pack their team gear in ceader chests with mothballs for the day they rise to promenance again.

Just my random 2 cents.

Muse
01-06-2006, 05:38 PM
I hope they make some moves this year and get Alex Smith some help. It pains me to see him have such a terrible year.:(

Aonex
01-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Do they have the #2 pick in the draft?

CivicLx
01-06-2006, 07:27 PM
thanks for the replies...I'm not a huge 9er fan or even a huge football fan but they've always been the team I like to watch since I'm here in NoCal...yeah I think it's sad that they've had this fall from grace...I caught the last few minutes from the game against Houston and I think they do have either the 2nd pick behind Houston or maybe the 3 behind NO, but I'm not sure. Hopefully they'll get turned around here pretty soon, but my dad also mentioned something about they still owe like I think Jerry Rice money and maybe Jeff Garcia or something like that, so it's hard for them to spend the big $ on new talent. I don't know but that's just what he always seemed to complain about...that and the fact that I "dropshot" all the time:rolleyes:

theace21
01-06-2006, 07:39 PM
Do they have the #2 pick in the draft?
I think they have the 7th...I heard the same that they have many outstanding contracts from players that have retired/left the team. To beat the salary cap, they sold out the future of the team...

Docalex007
01-06-2006, 09:25 PM
In implementing my right to post insignificant and unintelligent things...

...49ers suck a-ss dude. Yep.

Cruzer
01-07-2006, 09:24 AM
I live in Norcal now, grew up elsewhere and have been a Cowboys fan since 1967 so I cannot say I hope the 49er's improve. In fact I have quite enjoyed the past two seasons watching them get thumped regularly. They kind of shot themselves in the foot when they beat Houston in the last game as they dropped from having one of the first two draft picks to number 7. Too bad, he he.
Unfortunately for them gone are the days when Eddie D just opened his wallet to buy whatever players were needed to win. They are still figuring out how to operate in the salary cap era and they are still a few years away from getting good again assumiing they make some decent draft picks along the way. Several local sports journalists insist that as long as John York runs the team the 49er's will never get anywhere near as good as they used to be. I hope he continues to own the team for a very long time.