PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Into The Import Scene?

CivicLx
01-05-2006, 08:05 AM
damn man i can't think of how to describe it...import scene meaning japanese cars that people tune up...whether you have a civic dropped with rims or you're a street racer or you're a show guy...talking more about japanese here...not so much the suvs or german luxos or the lowriders but the hondas, acuras, nissans etc.

not sure if it will show up but here's an album a friend did on my car for me...what do you guys think?
http://www.geocities.com/kicker1_98620/MikeC

gscone
01-05-2006, 09:00 AM
No disrespect, but that civic looks awful and totally distasteful, BUT if that floats your boat, let it be.

nViATi
01-05-2006, 09:09 AM
A stock civic looks way nicer than any of those :rolleyes:

ktownva
01-05-2006, 09:18 AM
Hey, not bad. Looks like you got a lot of flash for your cash. Your civvy looks kind of like a BMW 3-Series. I guess I'm sort of "into" the import scene. I drive a bone stock 2003 Acura RSX Type S. Have you seen the latest issue of Motor Trend? The Civic Si won Car of the Year.

DRtenniS1112
01-05-2006, 09:56 AM
I thought that import was nice cept for the bulky rims. The pics on the right had racing rims and those were much better. I have an Accord sleeper, which you probably know, has performance upgrades without the body upgrades.

CivicLx
01-05-2006, 09:57 AM
hey no big deal...I had the chrome rims on first and a lot of people hated on them but then I got the 5Zigens...man I used to be soooo into it, but if you want to be competitive on the show scene with a civic, you have to invest mad money...now I'm into tennis but yeah I was into the scene for about 5 years so it was a pretty good phase...ktown- you plan on doing anything to your car? and speaking of bmw 3 series, I was actually doing that headlight conversion on my civic...now that will probably get a lot of hate, but it's basically taking the headlights and grills and then putting them on my civic...don't have any new pictures...my car is in the middle of some bodywork but I ended up getting a new car so the civic is on hold because I am brooooooooke:(

DRtenniS1112
01-05-2006, 10:01 AM
Yea man i stopped everything with my car once college and college tennis took over my life. Kinda sucks but I like tennis more so its all set.

CivicLx
01-05-2006, 10:58 AM
dang man that's cool...definitely know what you mean by sleeper...my car was a sleeper but unfortunately it couldn't wake up...all show no go:mrgreen:

man there was sooooo much I wanted to do...it's a 4 door...I mean it's in the middle of a BMW 3 series headlight/grill conversion...I got fender flares that go right around the wheel well to make the car look a little more like it's squatting...got nissan R33 skyline taillights for a conersion and I got a new bumper from the ones in the picture...the one pictured is the Black Widow but now I have the R33 front bumper...the one made for civics...not from a real skyline...anyway I was REALLY into show...never cared much for street racing or anything but I loved going to the shows like Hot Import Nights...have you been to any import car shows?

sdslyout
01-05-2006, 12:57 PM
And then there's us RX7 guys. my 1982 rx7 has a mariah mode 4 body, not a wide body mind you. this last summer i sold my 1987 rx7 turboII and it had a mariah mode 5 body. can you believe the engine in my 82 only is 70 cubic inches
(12a) and is only 1.1 litre and spins to 9000 rpm's the engine only has 3 moving parts total. now if i could just get the thing smoged.........

35ft6
01-05-2006, 01:48 PM
I'm into *****y import models. I like the way they instinctively bend over a bit whenever they see a camera pointed at them. Pure class.

MegacedU
01-05-2006, 01:55 PM
I've started the pimping process on the little Subbie my dad bought me after a week before I got my license. I love it.

ktownva
01-05-2006, 02:52 PM
ktown- you plan on doing anything to your car?

Actually, my RSX is a lease so I definitely won't modify it. After my lease is up in '07 I might look into something like a Subaru WRX. They look pretty cool right from the factory.

MegacedU
01-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Actually, my RSX is a lease so I definitely won't modify it. After my lease is up in '07 I might look into something like a Subaru WRX. They look pretty cool right from the factory.
Lovvvve mine. Great in the snow.

Freedom
01-05-2006, 04:09 PM
Closest I ever got was The Fast and The Furious.

Good movie though.

El Diablo
01-05-2006, 04:50 PM
"Import" scene??? I think these cars are generally referred to as "tuners."

gscone
01-06-2006, 04:43 AM
That blue civic sure looks like a ricer..

sdslyout
01-06-2006, 07:49 AM
yeah. ricer/smurf mobiles. I never could understand trying to make a sedan into a performance car. The best 'looking' sedan ( japan import ) out of the box, in my book
would be the lexus IS300 and the IS300 'wagon' and then from the other side
(europe) some of the BMW's are just bad-***. looks and performance all in one.
the us auto makers, well there's nothing that comes to mind, maybe the caddies STS's but thats a full size sedan. now if we go 'old school' sedans/wagons some of these 'retro' cruisers with 20''s and slammed, no low-riders look sweet. IMO

Ripper
01-06-2006, 07:56 AM
The best 'looking' sedan ( japan import ) out of the box, in my book
would be the lexus IS300...

I agree! I have one :mrgreen: Going to be performing an Altezza engine and trany swap, soon. So, you could kind of say I'm in the import scene. However, I prefer "go" over "show", if you know what I mean...

PS: Now that I think about it, I've been changing to Yonex raquets. Hummm, maybe I am a ricer!

nViATi
01-06-2006, 09:17 AM
Looks like you got a lot of flash for your cash. Your civvy looks kind of like a BMW 3-Series..
No offense but, a BMW 3 Series actually looks nice. :rolleyes:
Your two tone interior looks nice though...

gscone
01-06-2006, 10:57 AM
I'm just happy with my 2005 Infiniti M45 sport. No flash, but a blast to drive. :)

ShcMad
01-06-2006, 11:12 AM
I used to drive a black '01 Integra GSR, but got ticketed too many times, partly because I used to drive like a moron, and partly because it was too eye-catching to cops.

CivicLx
01-06-2006, 11:44 AM
cool to see there's a few of us here...oh and my civic wouldn't be considered ricey in the import scene (tuner scene)...well maybe with the chrome rims on it:mrgreen: well you know everyone has their opinions but my car is pretty clean...nothing real crazy in those pictures...um the cars from TF&TF are considered ricey. That movie is pretty much a joke to a lot of people in the scene but atleast the scene got a little recognition on the big screen. I haven't kept up with it much but it's definitely shifting to the luxo market too. I mean honestly, I think that most civics that are done nice are actually better than most other cars that are fixed up. but yeah now with the audis, bimmers, benzs etc and with the celebrities getting into...all about money and imagination...and having fun too I guess.

do any of you guys read any of the import mags? I was always into Import Tuner and I like Modified...has a load of sicks features usually. B/Scene was a good magazine with a lot of focus on the show scene but I don't think it's made anymore.