PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions on a Volkl Tour 9 V-Engine

GeauxTigers
01-05-2006, 09:10 AM
Good stick, bad stick?

I'm primarily a baseliner, full swing on groundstrokes, hit with spin kinda guy.
Thanks in advance.

El Diablo
01-05-2006, 09:26 AM
I used the 16x19 for a while, not great but good, plays a little light and a bit unstable perhaps; it's worth hitting the gym to get in shape for the 10 VE MP, which is just a bit heavier but a world better, or slap some lead on a BB10.

Michael Musok
01-05-2006, 09:30 AM
I think it's a great racquet, just too stiff for me. I played great with it for about 3 sets and then suffered with TE for the next 2 weeks. I will admit that I get TE quite easily but I think a few others have said similar things. Also, it doesn't have the typical Volkl feel or comfort although some guys do play with it and like it. I think it's being discontinued.

NoBadMojo
01-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Not one of Volkl's finer efforts I dont think. But it would depend on what frame you are used to. If coming from a racquet lacking feel which is stiff and of similar specs you may like it, as it's stiff and solid and stable <as in big sweetspot>. If you tell folks what you have been using and what you like and dont like about it, there would be a reference point to help you from.

hacker
01-05-2006, 02:57 PM
I recently picked up one of these and it's a decent stick with good power. I currently use the Tour 10 VE MP which I think has better control. The Tour 9 swings easier, but I'm sticking with the T10 VE MP.