PDA

View Full Version : abt the swingweigh of the APD !!!

chow ming en
01-06-2006, 06:40 AM
on the brochure on the APD states that it's swingweight is 290, whereas tenniswarehouse puts it as 324 .

so.....which one is correct ???

(cause i'm customising my racket )

thanks a million !!!

AndrewD
01-06-2006, 06:47 AM
290 will be the swingweight without strings and 324 the swingweight with strings.

THE ANIMAL
01-06-2006, 07:02 AM
If it does have a swing weight of 290 unstrung then usually you only get an increase of around 15 and max 20 to the swing weight of the racket once strung not 35. Your best bet is to get the racket onto a Babolat rdc machine and get the measurement of that actual racket strung and unstrung.

SC in MA
01-06-2006, 07:12 AM
This isn't scientific, but the SW on my two strung std APD's does feel around the 324 mark.

In the past, I've found that the TW SW listings match pretty closely with my SW "feel" index of the limited collection of rackets I have. The only one I differed with was the Volkl T10GenII, which I felt swung heavier than TW's SW listing. I think the TW APD SW listing maps pretty closely to my feel index.

AndrewD
01-06-2006, 08:15 AM
If it does have a swing weight of 290 unstrung then usually you only get an increase of around 15 and max 20 to the swing weight of the racket once strung not 35. Your best bet is to get the racket onto a Babolat rdc machine and get the measurement of that actual racket strung and unstrung.

So I had previously thought but the Prince 03 White has an unstrung swingweight of 290 (specs as marked on racquet) but a strung swingweight, according to TW (they're usually very reliable and test at least 3 racquets before listing specs), of 322. Almost the exact same increase.

That being the case, I would believe, as I said previously, that 290 is the unstrung swingweight and 324 is the strung swingweight.