barry
01-06-2006, 06:48 AM
New Ncode Surge.

4 5/8 grip
Weight unstrung 10.6
Replaced grip with Gamma Leather 10.9
Gauze over grip added 11.1
Strung with poly 11.9 ounces.

Not sure where the 10.3 ounces came from, it must depend on grip size, but if you are buying one and believe it is to light, then you might want to re-consider. Between 11.5 and 12 ounces is perfect for my game.

panic
01-06-2006, 09:24 AM
I can't understand whats wrong with the racquet specs between TW and RSI. It has the biggest contrast of all the racquets that are on both sites. Flex TW 66 vs RSI 59 and swingweight 320 vs 305. The SW seems smaller that 320 to me but not very flexible.

Ash Doyle
01-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Tennis Warehouse specs are for strung racquets.

gully
01-06-2006, 10:55 AM
My 11-year-old daughter chose this as her new stick this September -- partly, I think, because she liked the green color -- but it seems pretty solid for her. TW lists the strung weight at exactly 11 oz. I wouldn't add any weight to the racket for her until she grows, and she plays with synthetic gut and the stock microdry grip, so I think it's still right at 11 oz.

Should be easy to mod, though, if as she grows she wants a little more heft on her groundies. FWIW, I like the frame myself. Is there a weight difference betwene Barry's 5L and my daughter's 2L?

barry
01-06-2006, 11:53 AM
My 11-year-old daughter chose this as her new stick this September -- partly, I think, because she liked the green color -- but it seems pretty solid for her. TW lists the strung weight at exactly 11 oz. I wouldn't add any weight to the racket for her until she grows, and she plays with synthetic gut and the stock microdry grip, so I think it's still right at 11 oz.

Should be easy to mod, though, if as she grows she wants a little more heft on her groundies. FWIW, I like the frame myself. Is there a weight difference betwene Barry's 5L and my daughter's 2L?

I bought two rackets over the holidays. The Ncode 6.1 95 and the npro surge. The 6.1 weighs 12.5 ounces strung, plays nice, love the open string pattern 16 x 18. Just not sure about the head light balance.
My current frames are the prostaff surges, and they weigh about the same as the ncode Surge. The Surges are a little more head heavy than the 6.1, so you get more pop on serves. Overall the Surges are winning the select the racket battle.
The Surges are nice frames, suppose to be cloned version of the Babalot's PD. Good choice for your daughter.
Still canít believe the inconsistencies on weights between TW, Wilson, and others.

tennisgeezer
01-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Barry,

I'm very curious to hear any more opinions you have re the two racquets, because I have narrowed down my search for a new one to those exact two.

In my limited testing, I prefer the feel of the 6.1 and it seems to hit a heavier ball off the ground and on serves, but it seems easier to generate more pop with the Surge.

Thanks in advance.

panic
01-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Well, Ash, I see that, but RSI has also strung specs. And by the way to my mind strings don't affect flexibility.

The Pusher Terminator
01-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Anyone compare the Surge to the Dunlop Mcenroe...the spec look almost identical...except that the mcenroe is only 98 inches . Everything else is practically the same except for minor differences.

barry
01-07-2006, 08:53 AM
Barry,

I'm very curious to hear any more opinions you have re the two racquets, because I have narrowed down my search for a new one to those exact two.

In my limited testing, I prefer the feel of the 6.1 and it seems to hit a heavier ball off the ground and on serves, but it seems easier to generate more pop with the Surge.

Thanks in advance.

I have decided to keep the Ncode Surge. I get more pop on the ball, and it is a little more head heavy which adds speed to my serve. Between the Ncode Surge and the Prostaff Surge, the Ncode is more stable, still an ugly color, but plays well.
The Ncode 6.1 is a very nice racket, but for me you have to work a little too hard to generate power. I had to swing a harder to generate the same pace as the Surge.

tennisgeezer
01-09-2006, 02:30 PM
thanks Barry!