PDA

View Full Version : Demo List-

arky-tennis
01-06-2006, 08:00 PM
I am sad to report that the Maxply and I are having problems and I don't know how much we can be together. (I'm Joking). Seriously, here is my demo list and if anyone has any comments on these, please do so. Thanks,
Daniel

1) Head Liquidmetal Prestige Mid (93)
2) Volkl Tour 10 V-Engine Mid (93)
3) Wilson P.S. Orignal 95 (95)
4) Slazenger X1 (95)

Thanks in advance.

shsman2091
01-06-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm gonna take a guess, and say your gonna pick the LM Prestige Mid. Now lets wait and see.

arky-tennis
01-06-2006, 08:12 PM
We'll see... I am gonna order the demos on Monday. I really don't like the bumperguard tho.

thejuice
01-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Arky, tell us why you and the Maxply are having marital problems. When the Maxply kept giving me arm pain I went in search for a racquet that played very similar but with a better vibration dampening and a little more headlight. I think the X-1 is that stick. It is not as forgiving as the Maxply but if you move your feet and setup properly then you would really like the X-1. With that said, I just got a great deal on two M-Fil 300's that I couldn't pass on so I will post a comparison as soon as I receive them and get them strung.

Davai
01-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Great thread. Alright you should also order the PK Hertiage C mid, NXG mid, don't bother with Yonex rdx, MFill 200 and that's about all i can think of right now. Out of all those rackets here is my opinion on them, some is a little skewed and not tested, NXG, prestige, PK, MFill the rest is not worth mentioning because they are mps and I have no experience with them. Whatever you do try not to favor any one over the other and see how really they compare up to one another. Footnote: if you are stringing your own rackets stringing the prestige can be very, very, vry frustrating; I mean I spent literally half an hour trying to thread one cross on a 6 pt mount.

arky-tennis
01-07-2006, 06:39 AM
Thanks to all,

the maxply feels like dead weight to me and the balance is driving me nuts. i need something with less power. I'll give the Kennex a go as well. Thanks everyone!

Marius_Hancu
01-07-2006, 06:45 AM
both Maxply and X-1 were too stiff for many.
some added lead to get away from it.

add 10 Tour Gen II, it has more power ...
M-fil 200 has less power than Prestige, still perhaps interesting to you

also M-fil 300, great control, even if perhaps too light
one of the best balanced racquets ever for me

arky-tennis
01-07-2006, 07:32 AM
Thanks Marius, I have a m-fil 200 and really don't care for it. Thanks for the info,

Daniel

brian.sat
01-07-2006, 07:47 AM
Head FP Radical Tour !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Must try.

Davai
01-07-2006, 03:10 PM
both Maxply and X-1 were too stiff for many.
some added lead to get away from it.

add 10 Tour Gen II, it has more power ...
M-fil 200 has less power than Prestige, still perhaps interesting to you

also M-fil 300, great control, even if perhaps too light
one of the best balanced racquets ever for me

Marius are you sure that the MFill 200 has less power than the prestige mid. Any reason to why that is so?

arky-tennis
01-07-2006, 05:20 PM
I added a racquet that I hit with today. The POG MS. That is most likely what I will go for b/c of price (my coach used to use it so i am buying his old ones). I hit with it today and was in love.

badger_badger
01-07-2006, 05:31 PM
hey have you tried hitting with the rdx500 mid? i know at 90, it's smaller than all the four rackets on your list but it's really a lot more forgiving than it seems. and i know what im talking about b/c my brother owns the midplus version and i've tried hitting with it as well. the mid is a great choice b/c it feels very crisp while compromising very little power.

arky-tennis
01-07-2006, 06:29 PM
I tried the RDX mid but it felt 'weird'. Everything seemed to fly and it felt like it had too much power. I will probably end up hitting with it though. Thanks for the advice.