PDA

View Full Version : m-fil 200 vs lm prestige mid

tennis24/7
01-06-2006, 10:11 PM
i did a search on both rackets, but did not find that much information comparing the two rackets. has anyone played with both rackets? if so, could you compare the two rackets in power, control, ground strokes, serve, etc.

how does the lm radical compare to those rackets?

any information would be appreciated

thank you

PM_
01-06-2006, 11:26 PM
On paper they look almost identical.

PM_
01-07-2006, 12:23 AM
...I guess that wasn't much help.
My last racquet was an M-Fil200 but I've never demoed/hit with a Prestige mid so can't help you there.

If you want to compare an LM Radical mid to an M-Fil they are very different racquets. You'll find yourself spraying more shots with a Radical than an M-Fil and the latter is much harder to wield.
But only you will know by trying it. Go demo one.

meh
01-07-2006, 12:27 AM
The Mfil 200G is more comparable to the LM Prestige MP, since the headsizes are equal and weights are fairly close.

Marius_Hancu
01-07-2006, 04:32 AM
In the racquet industry numbers (check the Comparative Reviews sticker), M-Fil 200 is the less powerful of the two.

But by searching on posts (not threads), I found:
-------------
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=500566

ucd_ace:

M-Fil 200... I think the Head LM Prestige Mid is the least forgiving
racquet I've ever played with, but I haven't played with the MP
however I don't think it'd be that much different. The M-Fil is
definately my favorite racquet of these three overall. I thought it
had plenty of power.
---------------

thus to each his own.

I am curious myself, as I have a PC600 and I've just bought an M-Fil 200.

Richie Rich
01-07-2006, 06:07 AM
i think you'll find the m-fil plays stiffer and more powerful than the PC600. I thought so anyway but a lot depends on the string and the player.

danix
01-07-2006, 06:16 AM
Playing the Mfil200 was a lot like playing with a Prestige mid, just a little stiffer. Every time I use a Prestige I find myself thinking "this could be the holy grail of racquets, if I were in perfect shape and were playing a lot more often." It takes good timing to make power off such a small sweetspot.

I found that the Mfil200 was a great stick to sit there and crank hard shots in a hitting session, but the higher swingweight and dense pattern definitely made for a lot less power, compared to the Maxply McEnroe I am also testing. At the net I volleyed quite a bit better, and also had more pop on the serve with the Maxply. The one shot I thought was clearly better with the Mfil200 were slice backhands, due mainly to the narrower profile.

I should also add that I find the leather grip on the Maxply extremely uncomfortable, coming from a Volkl. The syn cushion grip on the Mfil200 is a big improvement over the Maxply.

I'm going to give it another try and perhaps try a little lower string tension (I strung it at 60lbs with Alpha 17), but I'm thinking that the Maxply works better for me at this point (allcourt 3.5ish player who plays 1-2x/week).

tennis24/7
01-07-2006, 09:56 AM
thanks for the info. so what i'm getting from this is, the m-fil 200 is less powerful than the lm prestige mid, but more powerful than the pc600. also, the m-fil 200 is more comparable to the lm prestige midplus, but lacks the power of the midplus. i thought it may have been more powerful since the specs on TW gave it a low-medium power.

which has better...
spin potential?
serve?
groundstrokes?

thanks again, i really appreciate it

prestige18
01-07-2006, 11:53 AM
ive played with the mfil200 and the lm prestige mp and they are identical untill u play with them, once on the court the mfil200 has a lot more pop, i havent tried the lm prestige mid tho...

Deuce
01-07-2006, 11:01 PM
M-Fil 200 is a decent racquet. Fairly soft feeling. Nothing spectacular - as racquets go, it's above average.

I didn't play around with the weight and balance too much - just put a 50 cent coin at the butt end to make it more head light. If I really like a racquet, I'll play around with the weight and balance until I feel I've got it at its best. Thus far, I haven't felt compelled to do that with the M-fil 200.

It is a nice racquet, though. I could adapt to it, I think. And at the relatively good price they're selling at, it should be worthy of a demo for anyone who is looking to buy a racquet - unless the person is set on getting a stiff frame.

#123#
01-15-2006, 03:58 PM
I own them both. I find m-fil 200 no match to LM prestige mid. LM prestige is more powerful, easier to swing with, easier to generate spin with. Better serving stick. It has (much) bigger sweetspot, very easy on your arm, and is a very stable stick with excellent control. And I like the LM prestige mid feel.
M-fil 200 might be a little more stable under heavy hitting, and may have just a little more directional control.
If you're all-courter/baseliner and like flex, you might love LM prestige mid feel and overal playability. And BTW it's more forgiving stick also.
But as you've might noticed, some of us love LM prestige mid, some of us just hate it. So, do (if possible) your own demo.

Deuce
01-16-2006, 01:09 AM
Now that I've had an opportunity to hit with an LM Prestige Mid, as well, I can totally, 100% disagree with everything #123# wrote in the post above this one regarding the LM Prestige Mid and the M-Fil 200.

To me, the LM Prestige Mid is an absolute piece of garbage. It feels like a flimsy toy - fragile and unstable as all hell. I absolutely hated it. The M-fil 200 is a much, much better racquet.

I've been playing tennis for 25 years, using several heavy, flexible frames over that period. I've hit with many other racquets out of curiosity, as well. The LM Prestige Mid is one of the worst racquets I've ever hit with. If the LM Prestige Mid and Pure Drive, etc. are the kind of racquets that today's generation of players 'like', tennis is in a whole lot of trouble.

BLiND
01-16-2006, 07:52 AM
LM Prestige is the most stable frame I've ever used... so it seems different people, different opinions.

I still think the one you played with Deuce was a fake, I can't believe you think its unstable, its 350g SW!

#123#
01-16-2006, 12:49 PM
Hi, Deuce,
we all appreciate your efforts and sincerity.
Now for the record: I've been playing tennis for at least 25 years. And this still doesn't qualify me to some tennis oracle/guru status . Neither does this qualify me to todays generation of players.
And frames... I guess I've tried quite a few of them, too. Curiosity, you know. And you know what, I don't like babolats at all. But I do like heavy and... flexy ones.
Concerning upcomming trouble with tennis, I don't know. Different times, different people, different preferencies. Evolution, you know... You (I guess you're past thirty) and me getting older, and the life, the show, the game just moving on. Relax, enjoy the game, hitting, frame, etc.
P.S.: you might need to broaden your empathy. Just a little bit. Enough to acknowledge/accept, that there might be a bunch, even a numberous bunch of players, enjoying the very frame you hate that much.
Happy hitting.

badmice2
01-16-2006, 09:28 PM
I've played with both, i think the Mfil 200 plays more powerful than the LM Prestige. The MFil swingweight heft does supply more power comparing to LMP; you'll definitely need to take some cuts on the LMP. At the baseline, MFil is easier to play with due to the heft, you dont have to take too much back swing and be able to control the ball. With the LMP, you'll need to have good preparation to be able to hit a great shot. At the net, I would much rather have LMP; the control and touch is cleaner. Serve; MFil hands down.

man-walking
01-17-2006, 12:15 PM
I've played with both, i think the Mfil 200 plays more powerful than the LM Prestige. The MFil swingweight heft does supply more power comparing to LMP; you'll definitely need to take some cuts on the LMP. At the baseline, MFil is easier to play with due to the heft, you dont have to take too much back swing and be able to control the ball. With the LMP, you'll need to have good preparation to be able to hit a great shot. At the net, I would much rather have LMP; the control and touch is cleaner. Serve; MFil hands down.
mid mid mid

About Head, we are talking about the LM Prestige *mid*

Aeropro joe
01-17-2006, 03:22 PM
i did a search on both rackets, but did not find that much information comparing the two rackets. has anyone played with both rackets? if so, could you compare the two rackets in power, control, ground strokes, serve, etc.

how does the lm radical compare to those rackets?

any information would be appreciated

thank you
i currently OWN and PLAY with the lm prestige mid, lm radical midplus and the dunlop m fil 200 the prestige is a great baseline basher racket with excellent plowthru and moderate spin. it has a good amount of pop to it i string it at 58 lbs with 17g klip lightning or xplosvie. comes in at 12.8 oz with leather grip, tournagrip and rubber band vibration dampener. excellent control, serves easy once you get the racket head speed up, decent kicks, sticky slices my number 1 singles stick. has that o so buttery feel with the sweet spot closer towards the handle. not the best volleying stick for me since it does become slow around the net when handling hard pace shots.

the dunlop is close to a prestige, but not quite as soft of a feel, more crisp, and a little more power, control is almost as equal string it up the same as my prestige but usually at 59 or 60 lbs. little bit easier to volley with, comes in at 12.2oz i think with stock grip and at ournagrip overgrip, my second singles stick for harder paced hitters had troubles hitting 2nd serves with this one

and the radical is my doubles stick it comes in at 11.75 oz witha leather and overgrip and 10 grams of lead, 5 under the handle for better volleys and 5 split up at 3 and 9. noticeably more spin most likey due to the lower sw but same string pattern, i found less power in the radical than my prestige so i lowered the tension to 57 or 56 lbs with my nrg2 16g or 17g, excellent volleys and returns of serves, nice touch on drop shots, and can heat it up up the middle when both players rush the net. not a lot of pace on serves but makes up for it on control great 2nd serves if u need more comparisons or contrasts just let me know o and the radical and the dunlop are exactly the same headsize i held them up together

badmice2
01-17-2006, 03:50 PM
mid mid mid

About Head, we are talking about the LM Prestige *mid*

Yes, I'm talking about the LMP MID...

Were you drop on the head as a kid? are you an stepchild? Where's the anger coming from?

man-walking
01-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Sorry 'mpare, your "ellemmepppi'" was a bit misleading