PDA

View Full Version : What racquet is this??

AndrewD
01-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Don't seem to recognise this Wilson racquet and was hoping someone could provide an answer.

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=56537296&cdi=0
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=56525642&cdi=0
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=56531732&cdi=0

Thanks very much

La Bomba
01-06-2006, 10:17 PM
It is a Wilson Ncode Nblade

AndrewD
01-06-2006, 10:25 PM
La Bomba,

Thanks very much. Can't say I've seen one of them before. Do you have any idea how it plays and is it one of their newer frames?

La Bomba
01-06-2006, 11:56 PM
AndrewD, It hasn't been put on the market to buy yet unfortunately, so I haven't had the chance to try it. And yes it is one of wilsons newer frames so I'm not sure when it will be released, but I say it will be released in Australia sooner than in America.

AndrewD
01-07-2006, 01:36 AM
Thanks mate,

I'd ask our Wilson rep but gather he's headed off to Sydney. It'll probably be on show at the Aus Open so I'll look out for it there. Not overly interested in using the racquet, was just curious as to which one it was. Looks a bit broader in the beam than other Wilson nCode frames: a little like the old H-Tour perhaps?

Of course, Penetta was using a Head Prestige (older version) up until very late last year so it would be interesting to find out how close the Wilson plays to that. The pros can use anything but there's usually not a full 180degree turn from their old racquet to a new one.

calabi12
01-07-2006, 01:45 AM
Notice the fake painted O Ports at 3 oclock and 9 oclock. Those are meant to let Prince know that Wilson is till here and strong.

AndrewD
01-07-2006, 03:05 AM
Notice the fake painted O Ports at 3 oclock and 9 oclock. Those are meant to let Prince know that Wilson is till here and strong.

Someone should tell Wilson that a splash of pain doesnt count as R&D. Hardly the sort of thing to make Prince tremble with fear (more likely shake with uncontrollable laughter).

I personally think it looks bloody awful but it does draw attention to the missing PWS.

jaskey
01-07-2006, 05:00 AM

first, thanks for the good laugh. second that's not fake O ports that's the Ncode mark, see how all the Os are connected?

Return_Ace
01-07-2006, 05:08 AM
first, thanks for the good laugh. second that's not fake O ports that's the Ncode mark, see how all the Os are connected?

yeah, i was gonna say that.... it's the ncode logo thing, like you get in their ncode shock absorber things

Michelangelo
01-07-2006, 08:29 AM
From the pic, I think the word "experiment(al)" is printed on that racket. Anyway, it should be a new nCode product since the white portions at 3- and 9-o'clock make the standard nCode logo shape.

tarkowski
01-07-2006, 10:44 AM

Those actually look like part of an enlarged ncode logo painting along the entire inside edge of the frame.