or
10 v-engine mid)
Search Titles Only
Forum: Racquets

and you'll find many threads

TennisMD
01-07-2006, 12:50 PM
fx007:

The tour 10 mid is a different rkt than the one Marcus is refering to, check www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/T10/T10Review.html for TW's comments. When I purchased the Tour 10 MP some now refer to this as the Gen 1 ,I demoed this, I am a 4.0 player I prabably was 3.5 then and found it demanding, low power( I am 6' 1" 183 and lift wts routinely) and of no major benifit to me.

TennisMD
01-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Sorry about the review site I listed originally they had both the mid and the midplus listed under this setting

LN_Dad
01-07-2006, 06:36 PM
I used this racket a few years ago. I'm close to a 5.0 level and found this racket stiff and unforgiving. I had to go with another frame because it gave me arm problems. I don't recommend it unless you're a 5.0+ player with a very strong and healthy arm.

VolklVenom
01-07-2006, 07:04 PM
firstly, the mid ve tour 10 is THE racket to use if you have arm problems.
secondly, it is one of the best volleying sticks around.
ok, it has very little power that needs to be generated yourself, but unless you are constantly playing pushes, this shouldn't be a problem. against pushers you need to generate your own pace.

jonolau
01-07-2006, 07:11 PM
I used this racket a few years ago. I'm close to a 5.0 level and found this racket stiff and unforgiving. I had to go with another frame because it gave me arm problems. I don't recommend it unless you're a 5.0+ player with a very strong and healthy arm.
I do agree that it is not a powerful racquet. Au contraire, it has been forgiving on my arm and shoulder. Groundstrokes are not just based on an arm swing alone for power. You've also got to factor in hip and shoulder rotation.

What I love about my T10 VE Mid is that I can get really nice hooks on groundstrokes and force the ball wide.

jayserinos99
01-07-2006, 08:49 PM
i have both the tour 10 gen1 mid and my current frame is the tour 10 v-enging mid. the tour10gen1 mid has a bit more plowthrough due to its weight; the tour10ve mid is a little more manuverable (good for volleys as previously stated). both frames are comfortable however IMO as long as you string it up with something comfortable; I had problems with poly strings in both frames. i personally like gut mains/syn gut crosses in my tour10ve mid.

jck01
01-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Anyone play with this frame ? Please share with .... any info is helpfull

Thanks friends
I played with the Volkl Tour 10 Mid (non-V Engine) for a while. I thought it would be an update to my Volkl C10 ProTour (which I like) - both are 93 sq. in. I was wrong. It felt stiffer and less controllable than my Volkl C10 ProTour and Volkl C10 Pro. The balance felt different also. Volkl Tour 10 Mid felt more HL than my Volkl C10 ProTour - it's understandable since I leaded up my C10 ProTour and Tour 10 Mid was stock. I was also getting elbow problems faster with the Volkl Tour 10 Mid too.

HotShotEd
01-09-2006, 04:12 AM
Anyone play with this frame ? Please share with .... any info is helpfull

Thanks friends

Are you referring the Gen1 version or the V-Engine version?
I'm playing with the the v-e and i really like it, cross court angle shots are FH/BH down-the-line shots are amazing. I had trouble serving with it at first but took jonolau's advice in focusing on placement and serve out wide and the serving problem has been resolved. It really doesn't play like a 93" racket coz it's so forgiving. I initially strung with syn gut but found it too much pop so now I've restrung it with multifilament but have yet to try.

fx007
01-09-2006, 10:15 AM
Thanks for help , friends ...

I have 4 h. play with this frame / strung at 54 Head fibergel / and I think is very good frame , nice for 2h backnand , the serve is perfect and the best point - my arm is in good condition

Thanks for your opinion ,

Marius_Hancu
01-09-2006, 10:27 AM
I have 4 h. play with this frame / strung at 54 Head fibergel / and I think is very good frame , nice for 2h backnand , the serve is perfect and the best point - my arm is in good condition

is that Gen I or 10 V-Engine Mid?

the whole thread was a confusion from the very beginning ...

NoBadMojo
01-09-2006, 10:36 AM
is that Gen I or 10 V-Engine Mid?

the whole thread was a confusion from the very beginning ...

I agree..people dont even know which frame the Original Poster is wishing info on.

fx007
01-09-2006, 11:19 AM
http://web.archive.org/web/20031202173549/www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCVOLKL-T10.html

this is the frame - the Mid

NoBadMojo
01-09-2006, 03:25 PM
fx007 now that we know which frame you speak of perhaps we can help. I use the big brother to that frame the Tour10MP <98 headsize> and have hit the midsized frame you mention. It's a very nice frame if you are a really clean ball striker and can move a swingweight of around 330 or so fast enough. It's very comfortable even though it's got some titanium in the layup which is used to firm up the head a bit. I am at least a 5.0 and considered a very good ball striker, and would consider the T10 with the 93 headsize a bit too demanding for me and the way the game is played these days

jck01
01-09-2006, 09:29 PM
. . . It's a very nice frame if you are a really clean ball striker. . . I am . . . considered a very good ball striker, and would consider the T10 with the 93 headsize a bit too demanding for me and the way the game is played these days

NoBadMojo, you said it right when you said you need to be a really clean ball striker. Like many people on this thread, I had problems hitting the ball cleanly with this racket.

fx007
01-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Thanks for all your comments ,

dozu
01-10-2006, 06:49 AM
I love the T10 mid G1 so much I bot 4 of them.... It's a dream of racket, does everything exceptionally well. Some tweaking is needed to make it more friendly (easier to hit)

1. need about 6 grams of lead in the neighborhood of 3 and 9 oclock, to expand the sweet spot.. otherwise the hits on the edges are not very pleasant. (I also added a bunch of lead tapes on the butt to counter balance)

2. strings and tensions.... these factors make a very big difference than on other rackets I played with before. the recommended range is 48-58 lbs... I have found 50lb for mono syngut/nylon is about right.... at 48 the ball flies. I used Wilson Sensation which is a pretty powerful multi, at mid 50's, it feels really good. Also a racket came with a gut/mono hybrid, in the mid 50's, it feels great also. any mono above 53 lbs, the racket would feel like a board with the 18x20 pattern.

I hit more with old farts than with young guns... this racket dominates easily from the baseline against any old-style rackets, including the PS6.0 95, the PS6.1 95, some old Estusa and old Head frames.

Against hard hitting young guns, maybe a little bit more power and quickness would help, although after 3 months I am already much better in getting the racket moving.

fx007
01-10-2006, 07:58 AM
Just to share my opinion :

Volkl V-rex or / other nice polyester string like Big Banger Alu / at 53 main and 53 crosses is awesome feel with Tour 10 mid . All shot are in place and very nice 1 and second serve ......

Don S
01-10-2006, 06:22 PM
I've got 2 of these racquets, one which I love and one that I hate. The one I love is the original Tour10 mid that has the word "QUANTUM" painted on the lower part of the head. The second one was bought about a year later and it has the word "TOUR" painted on it. This second frame plays totally different (and worse) from the first earlier paint job version. It feels heavier and I can swear the swingweight is way higher. Does anyone know if the specs changed? or did I just end up with a frame that was totally and completely different from it's first paint job version?

NoBadMojo
01-10-2006, 06:54 PM
Don, sometimes when manufacturers change graphics (cosmetic code), there is a spec change coupled with that. I use the bigger brother of your frame and mine all say Tour and not Quantum and I think they play great. I may have not liked the early ones which said Quantum. Could be anything really, but maybe you can locate a Mid with 'Quantum' designation and that would be a better match to the one you like. Companies change specs a lot, and I always suggest people buy their frames all at once and have them 'best matched'. Not much help I know.