PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Hyper Pro Staff 5.0 stretch vs Kennex 7g

127 mph
01-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Has anybody played with both of these rackets??? I was wondering how they compare in power, stability, comfort(how big of a difference). Many thanks in advance.

netman
01-08-2006, 05:13 AM
Have played them both. Very different frames. The PS 5.0 is stiff, stiff and just for good measure, stiff. The 7g has a mid-level stiffness and a plush feel due to the Kinetic tech.

You can generate tremendous power on serves and volleys with the PS 5.0, but touch shots are almost impossible to hit with any kind of precision. It has a small sweetspot which helps to enhance control and tame some of the power. If you can get the strings in front of the ball, its going back hard with this one, even if you are off-balance. You will feel every vibration and mishit all the way to your shoulder.

7g has lower power and requires good preparation and a decent swing to generate power. Found it to be a good racquet for a baseliner. Decent serving stick. Only weakness was it was very awkward at the net. The absence of vibration and shock (feel) will be disconcerting at first, but a welcome feature if you have a tender arm. I liked this arm protection feature enough that I picked up a 5g, which is a better S&V stick, and keep it in my bag to this day.

-k-

iscottius
01-08-2006, 07:19 AM
The wilson is very bad for your arm, and the Pro K is pretty good for your arm. Wilson more power especially on the serve, Pro Kennex very good at everything. Pro K 7g is a better racquet imo

127 mph
01-08-2006, 07:38 AM
Do you think that the difference in power could be overcome by going to a more powerful string. I hit at the 5.0+ level. I currently hit with the Wilson and am thinking of going to the Kennex. I currently use Gamma ruff and have thoughts of going to Biophase x-1.