PDA

View Full Version : LM Prestige MP vs LM Instinct Tour XL

spindoktur
01-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Both of these sticks have almost similar specs, with the exception of string pattern and the Instinct having more power. I have hit with the Prestige and found it nice but difficult, probably to my hitting technique. So my question is whether these two are comparable in most aspects of a racquet. Those who have hit/demoed both, I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Current setup:
I.Prestige MP XL
Gamma Live Wire XP 16

Ronaldo
01-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Owned all three racquets including your i.Prestige mp xl and easily prefer the Instinct Tour XL. A bit more feel and flex than the others but dropped the tension as low as 20 kg or 44# to keep it comfy. More spin and power than the Prestiges. Cannot compare the Prestige mp to the mids in flex, feel, weight, or balance.

fishuuuuu
01-07-2006, 06:08 PM
I've used (owned) both and definitely prefer the LM Instinct Tour XL. More power (controllable) and spin at will. 4.0 Player with 1HBH.

Ronaldo
01-07-2006, 06:13 PM
Another sweet stick is the FP Radical Tour. Seems to tame the LM stiffness in the head.

spindoktur
01-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Another sweet stick is the FP Radical Tour. Seems to tame the LM stiffness in the head.
Tried hitting with the FP Radical Tour but its too head-heavy for me. I like my i.Prestige, but I'll definitely try out the Instinct XL cuz the LM Prestige is hurting my shoulder. Thanks a bunch, Ronaldo & fishuuuuu. Anyone else with feedback or tips, write away :)

pham4313
01-07-2006, 08:09 PM
The LM instinct XL is great for serve and volley despite its xtra length...very manuverable at net...every time i volley i could put the ball away. Overhead and serve department is great. Try it out for yourself. Pretty sweet price right now too.

p3k
01-08-2006, 12:02 AM
how heavy does LM instinct XL swing? is it really like 336 swingweight? LM Prestige MP is my current racquet but i would like some more spin.

jackson vile
01-08-2006, 06:07 PM
I have owned and played with extensivly with both.

I was really torn between both and wish that I had first started with the LMIXL as I prefered it but I had been playing with the LMP+ for so long.

It is important to keep the LMIXL with soft low tension string or you will be really tiring youself out getting pace, this racquet has a lot of control and spin.

It is no where as good at the net and on finese shots as the LMP but you have to ask yourself how often are you at the net and do you count on the net for your points.

Don't get me wrong the LMIXL will do great with volleys but not as good for drop shot or close sharp angles.

For me it was just great and I am thinking of buying it agian and putting gut in it to get more feel.

Babolat
01-08-2006, 07:17 PM
I've hit with both a few times.
I prefer the LM Prestige hands down.

Vamz
01-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Don't switch, your racquet is the better than those two.

str33t
01-08-2006, 09:42 PM
I personally think the prestige is better.