PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new stick

narkose
01-07-2006, 07:20 PM
I have just killed one of my eighteen year old MAX 200G's. The other is stringless and maybe I should get something else. Tend to serve and volley more than sit on the baseline. Does anybody have any advice as to what might be a good replacement - semi-western forehand, 1HBH, mild-moderate spin.

Any adive will be appreciated - kind of like the babolat's

snoflewis
01-07-2006, 09:40 PM
have you tried the mfil 200? also, if you're going to use a 1hbh on a babolat, your best bet would probably be w/ a pure storm.

Steve Huff
01-07-2006, 09:42 PM
The MFil 200 is also only $80 at TW now. Hard to beat it if you like that type of racket. McEnroe Maxply is even less.

narkose
01-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the advice. Tried the APD and seemed comfortable for the most part - need some more court time. Might also try the Pure Drive Team.

Will definitely look at the M-fil 200!

jck01
01-08-2006, 09:00 PM
The MFil 200 is also only $80 at TW now. Hard to beat it if you like that type of racket. McEnroe Maxply is even less.

I agree with Steve.

AndrewD
01-09-2006, 12:55 AM
Given that you're trying out racquets like the APD, PD and Instinct can we assume you're looking for more power?

I played the old Max 200G for years - through all of its incarnations- and I don't think I could pick three more dissimilar racquets than the ones you mentioned. All fine frames (I particularly like the APD) but if you want something that has any of the traits of the old 200G I'd be looking elsewhere.

The HM 200G is a good option and, if you're looking for something more up-to-date, the Babolat Pure Storm is a very solid frame with significantly better touch or feel than the APD, Instinct and PD.