PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Racquet

DragonFly
01-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Hi all,
I've played a bit with the Dunlop 300g 98 and I've found it really nice, but a little unforgiving on off center shots. I'd lke an opinion on the 200 and 300 mfil models. I tend to play from the baseline, and have a two handed backhand, and have heavy topspin on my forehand.

DRtenniS1112
01-07-2006, 10:09 PM
My aeropro (in stock form) also gets a bit like that in off-center shots. After I customized it, with lead tape at 10:30 and 1:30 it really solved that problem.

DragonFly
01-07-2006, 10:16 PM
hmm, I've played around for a few days with the aeropro, I liked it, but its a little out of my price range, I'm just looking for something to get a more consistent game for next year's high school league, than my old graphite prince that broke a while ago. our number one has a dunlop 300g, about 4 actually, and I'v been playing with them for a while. Then I heard about the mfil models, and would like a comparison between the 300g 86 and mfil.

c_zimma
01-08-2006, 01:40 PM
I would strongly reccomend the Prince Turbo Shark. Very Forgiving, and alot of power. If you get way behind the baseline, it is very easy to push it back with this. This may also be out of your price range ($150). I have played with Hammer H Tours for a couple of years, and those are also very forgiving. If you are interested in purchasing an H Tour, contact me on my email. I am selling some. I know this isn't the For Sale Forum, but just trying to help you out.

Marius_Hancu
01-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Hi all,
I've played a bit with the Dunlop 300g 98 and I've found it really nice, but a little unforgiving on off center shots. I'd lke an opinion on the 200 and 300 mfil models. I tend to play from the baseline, and have a two handed backhand, and have heavy topspin on my forehand.

M-fil 300 is a greatly balanced racquet, and more forgiving than 300G. It will do everything for you, except power, and you can't ask for more.

But I bought an M-fil 200, as I like heavier racquets. Still waiting to test it.

PBODY99
01-08-2006, 01:50 PM
Hi all,

I would recommend the following;
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCWILSON-BLAZE.html

the price isn't too dear, the frame should fit your growing game.:cool:

DragonFly
01-09-2006, 12:49 AM
that wilson blaze racquet looks pretty sweet, I'll have to try to demo it sometime soon.

Marius: Well, I generate my own power, and I tend to use compact strokes rather than a full swing, so the mfils would be a good fit? I've only borrowed a 300g, and liked it, but then I heard about the mfils, and wanted some opinions.

Thaychua
01-09-2006, 01:22 AM
I would recommend the following;
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCWILSON-BLAZE.html

the price isn't too dear, the frame should fit your growing game.:cool:

7 points head heavy? i dont know if that's a good idea...
I think it's best to avoid Hammers, as they tend to be head heavy...