PDA

View Full Version : Please compare nCode nSix One 95 vs. RDX500MP

Pui
01-08-2006, 10:13 PM
From the playtest in TW, the result's rather the same. I'd like to know what's the difference in really play with of the two racquets. I'm used to play with game improvement such as NCT Drive, Cat 3, but I want to try a more control racquat. Please give me some information for decision.

snoflewis
01-08-2006, 10:55 PM
both are good rackets. the n6.1 95 is more demanding than the rdx500 mp though. the rackets depend on what you are looking for in a racket. the n6.1 is muted, stiff, powerful, and requires more effort in each shot. The rdx500mp, however, is easier to swing, is less stable, and offers more of that "classic" feel. you should probably demo the two, but if you're coming from tweener's rackets, the rdx500mp is probably a better choice, as it is slightly larger and less demanding

Marius_Hancu
01-08-2006, 11:18 PM
both good racquets

however, 95 is considerably stiffer and generates arm problems to some; very rare such reports from 500;
many claim 500 has one of the largest sweetspots

check:
Best arm friendly racquets?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=77937

for power levels, check the
Sticky: Comparative Reviews
at the top
(my posting on
Racquet Industry: Racquet Data 2004-2005)

kabob
01-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Those racquets may be too large of a step up for you, weight wise. You're talking almost 2 oz heavier and that can lead to arm fatigue and injury.

STMike79
01-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Marius, any idea what would cause wrist pain, like right around the "ball" joint on the pinky side of the wrist. I've recently experienced pain there during the forehand swing (semi-western), it may be due to playing in a very cold indoor court without proper warm up, that is my hope; I play with the n6.1 95 weighted to 363g/10pts HL. Any input greatly appreciated.

however, 95 is considerably stiffer and generates arm problems to some; very rare such reports from 500;
many claim 500 has one of the largest sweetspots

check:
Best arm friendly racquets?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=77937

for power levels, check the
Sticky: Comparative Reviews
at the top
(my posting on
Racquet Industry: Racquet Data 2004-2005)

kv581
01-09-2006, 02:15 PM
Marius, any idea what would cause wrist pain, like right around the "ball" joint on the pinky side of the wrist. I've recently experienced pain there during the forehand swing (semi-western), it may be due to playing in a very cold indoor court without proper warm up, that is my hope; I play with the n6.1 95 weighted to 363g/10pts HL. Any input greatly appreciated.
May be ligament sprain. Possible from wristy "wind-shielding" such a heavy set-up. Rest the wrist until painless (may take a while). Cold compresses immediately after play can numb the area to reduce pain and inflammation. Use ibuprofen or naproxen (and follow directions on the bottle) as needed, but for no more than a week before consulting your doctor. Lastly, have someone check out your forehand technique.

Marius_Hancu
01-09-2006, 02:20 PM
STMike79

good advice from kv581
check this and post in Health, don't want to hijack this thread.

Pain on ulnar side of wrist, previous history
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=77725

Skppr05
01-09-2006, 03:01 PM
tried both ncode nsix-ones (both string patterns) and i think the yonex is better than the 16x19 one however, the wilson 18x20 was better suited to me, I enjoyed the tighter string tension, or maybe it wa sjust the strings on it at the time?

dl125
01-09-2006, 06:51 PM
When I read this post I had to laugh as my brother owns both the RDX MP and nCode 95. When we go out and hit, the RDX comes out first (his main racquet) it's at 63lbs with Luxilon Alu. Rough. His shots will always remain pretty consistent. After a few games he'll bust out the N 6.1 and damn his shots are deep have tremendous power and the topspin is crazy. I had to forefit our last match he was kicking my butt tired. That's strung with Luxilon Original Rough at 58lbs. BUT his serves suck with the Wilson and he wraps the frame A LOT and on groundstrokes too; looks almost like a lacross player... it's so funny. Bottom line is I personally like them both but he remains more attached to the Yonex. Reminds him of his RD-7 is what he tells me.

Rico_Mickelson
01-09-2006, 07:25 PM
I 'm wondering is there a big different of the feel between this 2 rackets. becos wilson n61 95 is much more head light than the rdx 500 mp ., And the yonex have much more flex on the throat .
Anyone feel strange switch between these 2 racket . yonex is a square head , but wilson is oval .