PDA

View Full Version : Customizing/matching two different Head Intelligence racquets

spindoktur
01-09-2006, 01:27 AM
I used to have two i.Prestige MP XL's till I cracked one frame while serving. So now I'm using my old i.Radical MP as a backup until I can find a replacement. I would really like to match the i.Radical to the i.Prestige without too much detail (keeping it simple) as I just want the balance points and weights to match up (swingweight too if possible at all).

Would using lead tape in the handle to match balance points first, then adding weight at the throat or balance point to match their weights, be sufficient? For some reason I'm thinking its more complicated than this, and that I'm missing something. If anyone has any helpful instruction or tips, please advise (esp Gaines Hillix, who seems very knowledgeable)

Specs for both sticks:
i.Prestige MP XL: Wt=11.8oz/335g Balance=9pts HL Swingweight=327
i.Radical MP: Wt=10.8oz/306g Balance=2pts HL Swingweight=297

Thanks in advance to all who take the time to read and reply :)

Vantage231511
01-09-2006, 05:22 AM
Your theory seems to be on target. Adding a full ounce (28 grams) is a lot, and putting most of that weight in the handle will bring the balance down where you need to be. Adding to the throat thereafter should give you the best result.

If you can sacrifice your frames for a week or so. They guys at RacquetMAXX in AL do an excellent job. Otherwise you can send them to Boz or RPNY. All of them are reasonably priced for that type of work.

spindoktur
01-09-2006, 11:02 AM
Thanks Vantage... I'll look into those companies...

big ted
01-09-2006, 04:14 PM
by replacing the synthetic grip on the radical with a leather one u can increase the weight of the racquet by 1/2 oz without adding any lead tape at all. then just add lead tape for the remaining 1/2 oz to get it 1.0 oz heavier